CAT tools and cloud computing
This webinar will provide an overview of the new crop of CAT tools which are implementing the Software-as-a-service license model and
offer web-based TM sharing. I will outline the general features of these new tools, the opportunities they offer to team of freelancers
and small agencies who can now set up a translation team in a very short time and in a scalable way to fit their changing needs and
without the need to buy an expensive TM server license. Using these tools agencies can reduce TM management and project costs and offer
scalable capacity, freelancers can group together and compete for larger clients.
In detail we will look at:
Description of the SAS model
Advantages of real-time TM sharing
Tools feature comparison
Pricing model comparison
Tips and best practices on how manage and setup a virtual team sharing a TM
• Translators and small agencies who are familiar with CAT Tools.
• CAT tool users who want to gain an insight on the benefits of working in a team with a shared memory.
None - you don't need to have any particular sofwtare installed in your machine to participate in this session.
Click to expand
• The SAS model will be described
• Advantages of real-time TM sharing will be suggested
• Tools feature will be compared
• Pricing model will be compared
• Tips and best practices on how manage and setup a virtual team sharing a TM will be offered
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Fabio Salsi View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.