XTM Cloud stops working after translating 50 - 100 segments
Thread poster: tz7
tz7
tz7
United States
Local time: 01:59
English to Japanese
May 19, 2020

We have 3 users in-house and all are having the same issue. We are using Mac and Chrome. When translating big DITA file, which has more than 600 segments for example, Workbench stops working; can't submit translation, no concordance, can't move to the next file, etc. You need to re-open Workbench each time. (I could reproduce the same issue on Windows 8 with Chrome on Parallels and native Windows 7 with Chrome in a short test. I don't know if it happens same frequency as on Mac)

I o
... See more
We have 3 users in-house and all are having the same issue. We are using Mac and Chrome. When translating big DITA file, which has more than 600 segments for example, Workbench stops working; can't submit translation, no concordance, can't move to the next file, etc. You need to re-open Workbench each time. (I could reproduce the same issue on Windows 8 with Chrome on Parallels and native Windows 7 with Chrome in a short test. I don't know if it happens same frequency as on Mac)

I opened a support ticket for this but it seems hard for them to reproduce the issue. You have to be a translator to see the issue, I guess.

So I want to ask you all to help the support! Have you seen the issue?

Thank you,

[Edited at 2020-05-19 19:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-05-20 14:08 GMT]
Collapse

Lindsay Cook

Lindsay Cook
Lindsay Cook  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
French to English
+ ...
I have had a similar problem recently Jul 24, 2020

Hi,
Just doing some research on some XTM issues I have had recently and saw this. I have had a similar problem on a large project where after a while, XTM becomes unresponsive and I have to close down and restart.

Sadly when restarting, I am often redirected to a different segment to where I was and I realised after a while, sometimes changes had got lost too.

I felt it was probably related to processing the large file, the way the segments are previewed 300 at a
... See more
Hi,
Just doing some research on some XTM issues I have had recently and saw this. I have had a similar problem on a large project where after a while, XTM becomes unresponsive and I have to close down and restart.

Sadly when restarting, I am often redirected to a different segment to where I was and I realised after a while, sometimes changes had got lost too.

I felt it was probably related to processing the large file, the way the segments are previewed 300 at a time and some server speed issues but not got a real idea why it happened. Caused me lots of delays though,

Lindsay
Collapse

tz7
Ingvild Karlsen

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

XTM Cloud stops working after translating 50 - 100 segments

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »