Hayley Leva
Hayley Leva
France
Local time: 12:18
French to English
+ ...
Nov 21, 2017

Hello,

I am working on a large XTM project for a translation agency, using their memory, and their termbase (no editing rights).
If I've understood correctly, there is no way to insert recognised terms into the target segment while translating - correct? This is proving to be a HUGE frustration, as the project in question contains thousands of repeated terms!
Does XTM have anything like the "Autotext" feature in SDL Studio? (I don't think so... but there's always a chan
... See more
Hello,

I am working on a large XTM project for a translation agency, using their memory, and their termbase (no editing rights).
If I've understood correctly, there is no way to insert recognised terms into the target segment while translating - correct? This is proving to be a HUGE frustration, as the project in question contains thousands of repeated terms!
Does XTM have anything like the "Autotext" feature in SDL Studio? (I don't think so... but there's always a chance I've missed something.)
I have seen a suggestion online (here: http://noradiaz.blogspot.fr/2011/06/adding-text-expander-to-my-translation.html) to download a program called "Instant Text" to use alongside XTM. Has anyone else tried this? Or any other equivalent program?

Thank you,
Hayley
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:18
Please use the Insert term shortcut Nov 21, 2017

Dear Hayley,

You can insert translations of recognized terms using a shortcut called "Insert term". You can customize it the Editor Settings.

When you use it, a small dropdown will open next to your cursor letting you choose the term you want to insert. For convenience, you can navigate the small dropdown using your keyboard arrows.

When you
... See more
Dear Hayley,

You can insert translations of recognized terms using a shortcut called "Insert term". You can customize it the Editor Settings.

When you use it, a small dropdown will open next to your cursor letting you choose the term you want to insert. For convenience, you can navigate the small dropdown using your keyboard arrows.

When you customize the shortcut, take a moment to browse through other available shortcuts. You will certainly find other features that will help you translate faster.

Best regards,
XTM Support
Collapse

Hayley Leva
Hayley Leva
France
Local time: 12:18
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Auto-text function? Nov 21, 2017

Thanks for the quick response.
Is there any function which can display a drop-down of terms recognised as I'm typing (Auto-text)?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Inserting terms into target segments in XTM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »