Why so many tags?
Thread poster: GudrunPancake
GudrunPancake
GudrunPancake
United Kingdom
English to Finnish
May 15, 2015

I appreciate that some tags are necessary during the translation, but surely the fewer the better, right?

They are quite a distraction when you have to read the words among all the tags. Plus, it takes time to insert each of the tags.

Why, in XTM, are there so many tags? This is my main problem with this CAT tool.

For instance, when an Excel file is uploaded to XTM, a tag appears before and after the text in each and every cell: [1]xxxxx[1].

W
... See more
I appreciate that some tags are necessary during the translation, but surely the fewer the better, right?

They are quite a distraction when you have to read the words among all the tags. Plus, it takes time to insert each of the tags.

Why, in XTM, are there so many tags? This is my main problem with this CAT tool.

For instance, when an Excel file is uploaded to XTM, a tag appears before and after the text in each and every cell: [1]xxxxx[1].

Why should the translator even have to deal with these tags? They do not appear in other CAT tools.

Is there a way to turn them off?
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:01
RE: May 15, 2015

Hello,

XTM does not show tags if they are placed only at the beginning and at the end of the segment. If you see such tags than most probably someone at your company requested setting configuration to show them.

Please write to [email protected] and provide us with your company name. We will check if you have any custom configurations.

Kind regards,
Przemysław Nowak (XTM Support)

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Why so many tags?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »