Can I copy the source column in XTM Cloud and paste it to a Word file?
Thread poster: jyuan_us
jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 27, 2014

Hello everyone,

Can someone help answer my question? I mean copy the entire column other than individual segments. Thanks!

Just thinking of translating a document in Word and paste the translation to the target column in XTM. Is it feasible?

[Edited at 2014-05-27 11:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-05-27 12:11 GMT]

Kate Tomkins
Kate Tomkins
Local time: 22:22
German to English
I don't think so May 27, 2014

Can I ask why you would rather not translate directly in XTM?

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:22
RE: Can I copy the source column in XTM Cloud and paste it to a Word file? May 27, 2014

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to copy/paste the entire text from the Editor, but the text from a single segment only. However, if you wish to translate the file outside the XTM, you can generate bilingual Excel file, translate it offline, and once it's translated upload it back to XTM. You can find it in project's 'Files' tab -> 'Offline translation' column -> 'Generate Excel' (cogwheel icon), and after translation you can upload the file back to XTM in the same plac
... See more
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to copy/paste the entire text from the Editor, but the text from a single segment only. However, if you wish to translate the file outside the XTM, you can generate bilingual Excel file, translate it offline, and once it's translated upload it back to XTM. You can find it in project's 'Files' tab -> 'Offline translation' column -> 'Generate Excel' (cogwheel icon), and after translation you can upload the file back to XTM in the same place - project's 'Files' tab -> 'Offline translation' column -> 'Upload Excel' (blue arrow icon).

Kind regards,
XTM Support Team
Collapse

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:22
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh Thank you! May 27, 2014

XTM Intl wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no possibility to copy/paste the entire text from the Editor, but the text from a single segment only. However, if you wish to translate the file outside the XTM, you can generate bilingual Excel file, translate it offline, and once it's translated upload it back to XTM. You can find it in project's 'Files' tab -> 'Offline translation' column -> 'Generate Excel' (cogwheel icon), and after translation you can upload the file back to XTM in the same place - project's 'Files' tab -> 'Offline translation' column -> 'Upload Excel' (blue arrow icon).

Kind regards,
XTM Support Team

That's quick and helpful.

Jean Chao
Jean Chao  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:22
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try "Preview document" May 28, 2014

And then export it to html source/target table. Copy this table to Word file and select the column you want. The only drawback is that you need to manually copy the translation back to XTM. For a short project, this will work fine.

I'm not sure if we translators have enough rights to generate bilingual Excel files. I usually got these files from the PM and send the completed translation back to her. She'll then upload the translated Excel file.

Hope this helps.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can I copy the source column in XTM Cloud and paste it to a Word file?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »