Thread poster: Jose Caceres
Jose Caceres
Jose Caceres
Peru
Local time: 17:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2019

Wordfast Classic - Microsoft Word 2010 - I am translating an Annual Report of a Bank, I have scanned it to word 2010. There are many tables with too small letters/numbers, I use: mouse - right click - properties of table - file - minimum, and then the file enlarges. My problem: it works only file by file. How can I apply it to the entire table? I've selected the entire table, but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 00:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You mean table, not file Jun 18, 2019

Select the whole table and move the mouse over the table, click right and select Table settings, choose Row and click on the box to set the height to minimum. I have a Finnish version of Word 365, so I don't know where those commands are in your version, but it has worked for whole tables since at least Word 2002. Very common function when working with WFC.

Jose Caceres
Jose Caceres
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just a clarification to my questioni Jun 18, 2019

Sorry: I wrote "File" when it should have been "row" - (my Microsoft Word is in Spanish, and in Spanish a "Row" is a "Fila") - .I wrote "File" for tne Spanish "Fila".
Thank you very much, for your answer - I have based myself on it and got in a first attempt very good results

Jose Caceres
Jose Caceres
Peru
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My question corrected Jun 18, 2019

Wordfast Classic - Microsoft Word 2010 - I am translating an Annual Report of a Bank, I have scanned it to Word 2010. There are many tables with too small letters/numbers, I use: mouse - right click - table settings - ROW- minimum, and then the ROW enlarges. My problem: it works only ROW by ROW. How can I apply it to the entire table? I've selected the entire table, but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

And here is my question in Spanish, the language of my computer: "Hay muc
... See more
Wordfast Classic - Microsoft Word 2010 - I am translating an Annual Report of a Bank, I have scanned it to Word 2010. There are many tables with too small letters/numbers, I use: mouse - right click - table settings - ROW- minimum, and then the ROW enlarges. My problem: it works only ROW by ROW. How can I apply it to the entire table? I've selected the entire table, but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you.

And here is my question in Spanish, the language of my computer: "Hay muchas tablas con letras/números muy pequeños- Yo aplico: ratón - clic derecho - propiedades de tabla - fila - mínimo; y entonces la fila aumenta de tamaño. Mi problema es que solo funciona FILA por FILA. ¿Cómo hago para aplicar el proceso a toda la tabla? He seleccionado toda la tabla pero nada - ¿Sugerencias? Gracias

[Edited at 2019-06-18 16:12 GMT]
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Jose Jun 19, 2019

Jose Caceres wrote:
I use: mouse - right click - table settings - ROW- minimum, and then the ROW enlarges. My problem: it works only ROW by ROW. How can I apply it to the entire table?

I have a macro that I sometimes use, which fixes row height on *all* tables in the file. This may not be what you're looking for, except that perhaps you can figure out (Google...) how to change row width instead of row height:

Sub tablesconvert_rowheight()
For Each aTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
aTable.Rows.HeightRule = wdRowHeightAuto
Next aTable
End Sub

To add a macro in Word 2003, press Alt+F8, then in the "Macro name field", type "asdfasdfasdf", and click "Create". Then, an empty macro called "asdfasdfasdf" will have been created at the bottom of the macros file, so simply replace that new dummy macro with the macro above. Ctrl+S to save, and click the "x". To run a macro, at any time, press Alt+F8, scroll down (or type the name) and click "Run" or press ENTER.

This information seems accurate too (on how to add a macro):
https://word.tips.net/T000109_Writing_a_Macro_from_Scratch.html

[Edited at 2019-06-19 05:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Widening rows in a table

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »