Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:32
English to Italian
+ ...
May 7, 2016

Hello collegues,

I've received a translated sdlxliff file and uploaded it in Wordfast.

When I tried to update the TM, the score at the right of the target column remains greyed with 0 score and no TM updated.

I ticked the "Change segment status to translated" in the sdlxliff filter, but nothing.

Previously I had translated an sdlxliff file from scratch, pretranslated with Studio and then translated in Wordfast and it worked.

Do y
... See more
Hello collegues,

I've received a translated sdlxliff file and uploaded it in Wordfast.

When I tried to update the TM, the score at the right of the target column remains greyed with 0 score and no TM updated.

I ticked the "Change segment status to translated" in the sdlxliff filter, but nothing.

Previously I had translated an sdlxliff file from scratch, pretranslated with Studio and then translated in Wordfast and it worked.

Do you know why?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Bugs reported May 10, 2016

Dear Lucia,

This bug has been reported and there is a ticket to fix it. The segments are not committing because they haven't been modified (try adding and deleting a space; it should then commit). This happens when for example you receive a pre-translated SDLXLIFF file or you are editing someone else's work.

However, there is a workaround. When you finish the project and want to update your TM, you can do so from the current project view > Clean-up.

One mor
... See more
Dear Lucia,

This bug has been reported and there is a ticket to fix it. The segments are not committing because they haven't been modified (try adding and deleting a space; it should then commit). This happens when for example you receive a pre-translated SDLXLIFF file or you are editing someone else's work.

However, there is a workaround. When you finish the project and want to update your TM, you can do so from the current project view > Clean-up.

One more thing, I found another bug with SDLXLIFF files when you try to clean-up at the project level:
clean-up fails if you choose the option "Create subfolder by language". This has also been reported and will be fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Best,

John
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good to know May 13, 2016

Hi John thanks for your reply.

I'll check your way and I'll let you know.
The best thing would be importing and translating a file without having to pre-translate it.

But, I think it will be done in future.

Lucia

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Cleanup of sdlxliff file converted to txml not giving a doc file Feb 14, 2020

I have a related issue.

I am working with WordFast Pro 3.4.14 on a sdlxliff file converted to txml format.

When I do a cleanup on the txml file, it gives me an sdlxliff file as output rather than a Word file.

I'm sure there must be an easy fix to this, I just don't know which setting to tweak. Does anyone know what I need to do?

[Edited at 2020-02-14 09:27 GMT]

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
If sdlxliff goes in, it also goes out Feb 14, 2020

Edward, if you loaded an SDLXLIFF file into Wordfast Pro and translated it, the translation is saved back into an SDLXLIFF file. That's the expected behavior. The translation is always saved back into the original file type (the exception being PDF, which is converted to DOC). I believe the person who sent you the SDLXLIFF file should be fine with the translated SDLXLIFF file because they can process it further in their software.

Edward Potter

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same format in, same format out Feb 15, 2020

David Daduč wrote:

Edward, if you loaded an SDLXLIFF file into Wordfast Pro and translated it, the translation is saved back into an SDLXLIFF file. That's the expected behavior. The translation is always saved back into the original file type (the exception being PDF, which is converted to DOC). I believe the person who sent you the SDLXLIFF file should be fine with the translated SDLXLIFF file because they can process it further in their software.

Hi David.
Thanks for your input. I had surmised that this would be the case. You get the same format you start with. Yes, the client was fine with me sending back the SDLXLIFF file (as well as the exported TMX file, just in case).

Do you know of any way to get a Word file out of the translated TXML file?

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Get MS Word table Feb 15, 2020

Edward Potter wrote:

Yes, the client was fine with me sending back the SDLXLIFF file… Do you know of any way to get a Word file out of the translated TXML file?

Supposing you want a MS Word file with the source and target texts (or just the target text – see Preferences / General) for reference purposes, click Get MS Word table icon on File tab in Wordfast Pro 5. Is this what you are looking for?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PRO 3 and sdlxliff files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »