Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:28
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jun 11, 2020

Dear colleagues,

I'm using Win10 on Parallels on a Macbook Pro (16"), to which two identical montitors are connected via a CalDigit TS3 docking station.

I've noticed that the text scaling factor is different on both monitors (seemingly 125% on the first, and 100% on the second). If I grab a Win10 window on one of the monitors and move it to the second, it will change its size (and the text size) in the process.

I can't seem to find out how to have the same
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm using Win10 on Parallels on a Macbook Pro (16"), to which two identical montitors are connected via a CalDigit TS3 docking station.

I've noticed that the text scaling factor is different on both monitors (seemingly 125% on the first, and 100% on the second). If I grab a Win10 window on one of the monitors and move it to the second, it will change its size (and the text size) in the process.

I can't seem to find out how to have the same scaling factor on both monitors. As far as I can see, I can only set one value.

I'd be happy if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards
Erik
Collapse

VIP9N
VIP9N
Local time: 14:28
Russian to English
+ ...
CalDigit TS3 docking station Jun 13, 2020

In this case you obviously have to apply to CalDigit TS3 docking station manufacturer. It doesn't matter from which device it receives the video-signal, Mac, Win, book, desktop or even a network. It matters in which resolution(s) it can transform it and on how many monitors the picture can be reproduced.

Good luck

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:28
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I don't think this is related to the docking station. Jun 13, 2020

VIP9N wrote:

In this case you obviously have to apply to CalDigit TS3 docking station manufacturer.

Thanks, but I don't think so. Only Win10 windows are affected. MacOS windows look identical on both screens.

This must be either a Win10 or a Parallels setting.

In the meantime, I have found an option in the Win10 settings to display windows larger on the main screen, but changing this setting doesn't affect the behaviour I described.

[Edited at 2020-06-13 15:06 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-06-13 15:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Win10 on Parallels - different text scaling factors on different monitors

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »