Casual Translators' Group for Yokohama-Area Translators!
Thread poster: jkearney3
jkearney3
jkearney3
Local time: 08:05
Japanese to English
May 2, 2018

I’m looking to create an Inklings-style “guild” of translators in and around the Yokohama area to meet up about once a month to have drinks, discuss translation, and just have fun. People of all levels and walks of life are welcome! My vision for the group is not just to make friends, but also build some mentor/apprentice relationships as well as a network, so if one person is inundated with work they have some people they can recommend to ... See more
I’m looking to create an Inklings-style “guild” of translators in and around the Yokohama area to meet up about once a month to have drinks, discuss translation, and just have fun. People of all levels and walks of life are welcome! My vision for the group is not just to make friends, but also build some mentor/apprentice relationships as well as a network, so if one person is inundated with work they have some people they can recommend to clients. Please contact me at [email protected] and tell me a little about yourself! (I am an American named Jamie who has lived in Japan for 10 years and has been working freelance for about 4 years now. Hobbies include reading, hiking, watching action and sci-fi movies, and painting. I look forward to hearing from you!!)Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Casual Translators' Group for Yokohama-Area Translators!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »