Slawomir Nieciecki
Slawomir Nieciecki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:21
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2011

Hi all

I wonder if it is possible to disable fuzzy match sound in NXT.
It is really annoying, especially when I am listening to a music.

Best regards
Slawomir

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
Turn off the internal speaker Jan 28, 2012

Is this the internal speaker of your PC, that produces sounds? Try to turn it off from in Windows, Device Manager. It is not used anymore in other applications, so you won't notice its absence anyway.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Disable the corresponding sound Jan 29, 2012

Slawomir Nieciecki wrote:

Hi all

Best regards
Slawomir

Yes, it is quite easy. First detect which sound is assigned to it (e.g. Exclamation mark), then disable that particular sound in My Computer | Configuration | Sounds.

Slawomir Nieciecki
Slawomir Nieciecki  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
noticeable difference Oct 7, 2012

Dunno how, but transit is much faster now, no lags at new bubbles
I recommend this setting.

rokabard
rokabard
Local time: 10:21
English to Hebrew
+ ...
so no real solution to this ebarrassing (for star) annoyance? Dec 9, 2012

disabling the windows sound is NOT a solution. i do want to hear the warning beep when some error occurs with my system. i just don't want to hear it every time i press ALT+Ins. it serves no purpose and is annoying as hell.

please, help a transit noob out - it's hard to believe no option is available to diasble this distraction.

thanks.

Extricoeden
Extricoeden
Local time: 15:21
Fuzzy search (source)| Options| Automatic search Mar 5, 2013

Ribbon bar| Matches| Fuzzy search (source)| Options| Automatic search (uncheck the function)

Patricia Ballesteros Menéndez
Patricia Ballesteros Menéndez
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
Problem solved Sep 1, 2014

Hans Lenting wrote:

Slawomir Nieciecki wrote:

Hi all

Best regards
Slawomir

Yes, it is quite easy. First detect which sound is assigned to it (e.g. Exclamation mark), then disable that particular sound in My Computer | Configuration | Sounds.

Thanks, Hans Lenting, your indication was very helpful to turn off that annoying sound that was heard when confirming a segment. I wonder if Star Transit has a user's guide to show users how to manage this kind of things.

Ivana Bojcic
Ivana Bojcic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
German to Croatian
+ ...
... Nov 12, 2016

rokabard wrote:

disabling the windows sound is NOT a solution. i do want to hear the warning beep when some error occurs with my system. i just don't want to hear it every time i press ALT+Ins. it serves no purpose and is annoying as hell.

please, help a transit noob out - it's hard to believe no option is available to diasble this distraction.

thanks.

This is the worst program I've been working with.
So is there a legit option to disable this sound without messing with my computer system or ruining fuzzy matches?

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:21
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Apparently not Nov 12, 2016

Ivana Bojcic wrote:
This is the worst program I've been working with. So is there a legit option to disable this sound without messing with my computer system or ruining fuzzy matches?

It's a trying application at times, no doubt. I thought I had seen an option to turn off the beep somewhere but a quick check reveals nothing, so perhaps not. Hopefully somebody knowledgeable will appear with a solution.

Dan

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Work-around? Nov 12, 2016

rokabard wrote:

disabling the windows sound is NOT a solution. i do want to hear the warning beep when some error occurs with my system.

I understand your point. The only work-around I can think of, is to create a script that deactivates the sound when Transit has focus. But then again, the beeps of other apps running in the background won't be played either.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Ear Trumpet for Windows 10? Nov 13, 2016

rokabard wrote:

disabling the windows sound is NOT a solution. i do want to hear the warning beep when some error occurs with my system.

Would this work?

Ear Trumpet for Windows 10
If you want, you can also use a freeware called Ear Trumpet, that offers you a smarter way to control the volume for each individual program.
See: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/adjust-volume-for-individual-programs-windows

Or rather not, since it's the System beep that's involved here?

Periklis Zekakis
Periklis Zekakis
Local time: 09:21
German to Greek
+ ...
Transit NXT Annoying Sound when confirming segment with Alt+Insert - Solution Sep 12, 2019

If anyone is still searching for a solution, here it is:

Click on the triangle Transit icon up left.
Click Grundeinstellungen (basic settings?) down left.
Go to Transit-Editor.
Uncheck the last box Signaltöne für bestimmte Funktionen abspielen (z.B. Fuzzy-Treffer).

I had never realized this sound was annoying. Until now after 15 years of using Transit.

Bashir Baqi
Bashir Baqi  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 09:21
Member (2015)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
search Adjust system volume in windows Sep 7, 2020

hi all
search Adjust system volume in windows
right click on the sound icon beside the watch in the taskbar, then choose: app volume device preference at the end, and mute Transit + system sound from here
this worked for me

[Edited at 2020-09-07 11:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

transit nxt, annoying sound

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »