ทำอย่างไรให้ชื่อเราขึ้นตำแหน่งด้านบนของรายชื่อนักแปล ProZ.com.....KudoZ!
Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Dec 21, 2017

เรียนเพื่อนๆ นักแปลทุกท่านที่เคารพ

ผมขอแแบ่งปันประสบการณ์ของผมในการใช้ ProZ.com ให้ได้ประสบความสำเร็จ

นอกเหนือจากการทำ profile ที่ตรงจุด ผมอยากให้ทุกคนพยายามมีความส่วนร่วมใน
... See more
เรียนเพื่อนๆ นักแปลทุกท่านที่เคารพ

ผมขอแแบ่งปันประสบการณ์ของผมในการใช้ ProZ.com ให้ได้ประสบความสำเร็จ

นอกเหนือจากการทำ profile ที่ตรงจุด ผมอยากให้ทุกคนพยายามมีความส่วนร่วมในระบบ KudoZ ให้มากที่สุด

เพราะอะไร? ทำไมเขาจะถามคำถามเยอะ? ทำไมจะต้องช่วยเขาหาคำแปลในเมื่อเขาเป็น pro แล้ว?

คำตอบคือ: ความเร็วและถูกต้อง/คะแนน

1. ความเร็วและถูกต้อง
ในเมื่อมีงานเยอะแล้วเจอคำใดที่เราไม่แน่ใจหรือมีความสับสน แทนที่จะเสียเวลาอาจเป็นชั่วโมงในการค้นหาคำนั้น ลองตั้ง KudoZ แทน ทำงานต่อไปๆ แล้วกลับมาเลือกคำที่ใช่ ให้คะแนนผู้ตอบถูกต้อง และส่งงาน ง่ายๆ

2. คะแนน
คะแนนมีผลอะไรใน ProZ.com? รายชื่ออันดับของนักแปลขึ้นอยู่กับคะแนน KudoZ ซึ่งแม้จะมีนักแปลไทย-อังกฤษเป็นพัน มีแค่ 2-3 คนที่มีความส่วนร่วมในระบบ KudoZ แล้วลองไปดูกัน ใครได้ขึ้นชื่ออันดับต้นๆ ในเมื่อชื่อเราขึ้นหน้าแรกของรายชื่อจะเริ่มมีคนติดต่อเราโดยตรง ยิ่งขึ้นอันดับก็ยิ่งมีโอกาสให้คนเห็น profile ของเรา

ระบบ KudoZ ของภาษาไทยขาดความร่วมมือจริงๆ ถ้าเทียบกับภาษาอื่นๆ ตัวอย่างเช่น ภาษาไทย-อังกฤษ https://ibb.co/maVZem ภาษาเยอรมัน-อังกฤษ https://ibb.co/ekFpC6 เป็นต้น ( https://www.proz.com/?sp=leaders_new )

ขอผลักดันเพื่อนร่วมงานทุกท่านมาใช้ระบบนี้ให้เป็นประโยชน์สำหรับทุกๆ คน เพราะยังมีเรื่อง glossary ด้วย

3. Glossary
เมื่อเลือกคำแปลที่ถูกต้อง คนที่ตั้งคำถามสามารถใส่คำนี้ใน glossary ให้คนต่อไปหาเจอได้ง่ายๆ

ทั้งนี้ อยากให้ทุกคนร่วมใช้ระบบกันดีๆ ครับ ตอบบ้าง ตั้งคำถามด้วย

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

DJH

[Edited at 2017-12-21 12:20 GMT]
Collapse

Theresa Somsri
Theresa Somsri  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:47
Member (2016)
Thai to English
เห็นด้วยอย่างยิ่ง // strongly agreed! Dec 21, 2017

Thank you for sharing, Dylan!

I’d like to say that I highly agree with this post.

I myself also use the ProZ Kudoz system as an important tool, both to attract new potential clients and for assistance in translations. Since I started becoming more active in the KudoZ system, I have both gained more points (which has led to gaining more clients) and been able find correct translations for unsure terms that are suitable for their content type (which has led to happier
... See more
Thank you for sharing, Dylan!

I’d like to say that I highly agree with this post.

I myself also use the ProZ Kudoz system as an important tool, both to attract new potential clients and for assistance in translations. Since I started becoming more active in the KudoZ system, I have both gained more points (which has led to gaining more clients) and been able find correct translations for unsure terms that are suitable for their content type (which has led to happier clients).

At first, I was very hesitant. I didn’t want to answer any questions, in case I was wrong. I didn’t want to ask questions, in case it would make me appear less experienced. After I started participating, I didn’t want to show any agreement or disagreement in case it would be taken personally. This is especially significant to our Thai-English and English-Thai translation community as ความเกรงใจ (not wanting to show disrespect) and ความกลัวเสียหน้า (fear of losing face) is a significant part of Thai society. However, if we don’t get over these fears, we hinder the development of our translation skills and opportunities to improve our translation community.

I began by answering questions. Some terms were words or phrases that I was already familiar with, many of them were not. However, by helping fellow translators search for those unknown terms, I also improved my own ability to find references and research unfamiliar terms, which has become a highly valuable skill that I have been able to implement into my work.

However, regardless of how good we are at researching, not all terms/phrases have their English (or Thai) counterpart simply written out for us. Where can we turn? Our fellow translators!

By asking questions, we open up the opportunity to find the best translation for our much-needed term/phrase and to save time - which is extremely valuable when we’re trying to meet deadlines!

So, as above, I highly agree with this post and that greater participation in both asking and answering KudoZ questions will really benefit our entire translation community.
Collapse

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
A supporting community Dec 21, 2017

Theresa Somsri wrote:

I didn’t want to answer any questions, in case I was wrong. I didn’t want to ask questions, in case it would make me appear less experienced. After I started participating, I didn’t want to show any agreement or disagreement in case it would be taken personally.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Theresa. You have certainly become a valuable asset to the ProZ.com Thai language community and your contributions and thorough research/responses are unparalleled.

I do really hope that what you mentioned above is not the case for all other members, but I fear you may be right. I must be considered the ‘least experienced’ ProZ.com TH-EN translator by many then!

For that reason, I’d like to somehow express the sentiment that our ProZ.com community appreciates all contributions and that sharing opinions, whether right or not quite right, help everyone in the process.

It’s okay to disagree with someone and it’s okay to ask questions. I admit I have been wrong and have learnt in the process. I have asked basic questions, but sometimes all we need is a confirmation.

I put it this way: if it takes me more than a minute to search for a term, I put it on KudoZ.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ทำอย่างไรให้ชื่อเราขึ้นตำแหน่งด้านบนของรายชื่อนักแปล ProZ.com.....KudoZ!

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »