Thread poster: Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:26
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dec 25, 2007

In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd start a quiz thread aim at those, who like myself, would do anything to avoid having to do the washing up.

This is aimed at all colleagues with any kind of knowledge of Swedish (though speakers of other Scandinavian languages are welcome to participate). Please feel free to add any questions relating to Scandinavian languages or linguistics. The more open-ended the better (not to mention impossible…).

My first question is:
... See more
In the spirit of Christmas, I thought I'd start a quiz thread aim at those, who like myself, would do anything to avoid having to do the washing up.

This is aimed at all colleagues with any kind of knowledge of Swedish (though speakers of other Scandinavian languages are welcome to participate). Please feel free to add any questions relating to Scandinavian languages or linguistics. The more open-ended the better (not to mention impossible…).

My first question is:

A) Give me a one-word translation equivalent of "lagom" in any other language.

God Jul
Madeleine
Collapse

skport
skport  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 00:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
110% Lagom Nov 21, 2008

Hi Madeleine,

Quite a late reply to this thread, but better late than never, and just in time for the spirit of Christmas 2008!

I am trying to learn Swedish and browsing this forum I noticed this thread in English.

I do not know the answer to the quiz question, but I do know a man who might, and who is guaranteed make you laugh if you happen to be anywhere near Stockholm or Östergötland.

Check
... See more
Hi Madeleine,

Quite a late reply to this thread, but better late than never, and just in time for the spirit of Christmas 2008!

I am trying to learn Swedish and browsing this forum I noticed this thread in English.

I do not know the answer to the quiz question, but I do know a man who might, and who is guaranteed make you laugh if you happen to be anywhere near Stockholm or Östergötland.

Check out the story:

http://www.newsdesk.se/pressroom/stagepool/pressrelease/view/110-lagom-251496

And Happy Christmas!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Christmas quiz

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »