Thread poster: Clare Barnes
Clare Barnes
Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 01:52
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2005

Could anyone help me with finding standard terms for translation of non-fiction books in Sweden?

It's a relatively short, non-fiction book (35,000 words), multiple contributors, max 2500 copies of the English version.

Any ideas?

Catherine Brix
Catherine Brix
Swedish to English
+ ...
Could you elaborate? Mar 22, 2005

What exactly do you mean by "standard terms for translation of non-fiction books"? Does the book deal with a specific topic for which you need standard terms? I'm guessing you don't mean a translation of "is i magen"-type-of-term. I'll gladly point you in the right direction if you fill in some blanks for me.

All the best
Catherine

Clare Barnes
Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Misunderstanding Mar 23, 2005

My fault, I wasn't clear enough. I'm looking for guidance on standard contractual terms for translators, i.e. percentage of profits or flat rate for translation only... etc etc. There's no rush, but I'm really after tips and advice or dos and don'ts when it comes to negotiating book translations.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Normal Swedish terms for non-fiction book translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »