nortranslate (X)
Norway
Local time: 19:57
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2009

Hei,

beklager at jeg poster på norsk.
Jeg fikk nettopp en e-post fra en gammel kjenning som trenger oversettelse fra Engelsk til Svensk.
På nettsidene fremstår firmaet som stort og seriøst, mens jeg fikk et helt annet svar når jeg argumenterte med vedkommende (se nedenfor).
Jeg vil oppfordre til å være meget forsiktig. Be om å få forhåndsbetaling.

Jeg har med vilje ikke opplyst navnet på firmaet (noe som heller ikke er tillatt på Proz), men
... See more
Hei,

beklager at jeg poster på norsk.
Jeg fikk nettopp en e-post fra en gammel kjenning som trenger oversettelse fra Engelsk til Svensk.
På nettsidene fremstår firmaet som stort og seriøst, mens jeg fikk et helt annet svar når jeg argumenterte med vedkommende (se nedenfor).
Jeg vil oppfordre til å være meget forsiktig. Be om å få forhåndsbetaling.

Jeg har med vilje ikke opplyst navnet på firmaet (noe som heller ikke er tillatt på Proz), men du finner det ut dersom du leser tekstene jeg har referert til, eller evt. sender meg en e-post.

Min kontakt med firmaet var utgangspunktet for denne artikkelen: www.nortranslate.com/index.php?pid=21
, og en forumtråd på Proz: www.proz.com/forum/translation_theory_and_practice/122591-bogus_translation_jobs.html#1008131

Teksten i e-posten jeg fikk er slik:
"Hi,
We have 1360 words to be translated from English into Swedish.
Please let us know your availability and best price per word

Project Coordinator
--skjult-- Networks
[email protected]
www.---skjult ---.com"

Jeg gjorde en jobb for dette firmaet i 2008, og etter at jobben var fedig sende jeg følgende e-post:

"Because of the missing purchase order, I will wait hold the translation until the purchase order has been received. And because of the delay delay and uncertainty I will also need a confirmation from Paypal that the money has been paid."
... vi kom frem til en avtale at han skulle betale med en gang.

Her ser svaret:
"HI, I am a freelancer and not a big company.
Whatever I formation I sent you about our small agency is correct.
Dont worry about the payment you will get it on time.
If you dont sent the transalation on time, the client will reject the project.
Please send it immediately as you have already missed the deadline.
I have sent you the PO. YOu can send your invoice with the translation.
You will get paid in 30 days as our cleint also pays us in 30 days.
MIke"

[Edited at 2009-01-14 20:13 GMT]
Collapse

Diarmuid Kennan
Diarmuid Kennan
Ireland
Local time: 18:57
Member (2006)
Danish to English
+ ...
T...uNetwoks Jan 15, 2009

I have also been repeatedly contacted by this agency and I am convinced they are cheaters.

There webpage contains no address or phone number!

Even after I told him that he was a cheat and he told me to go to hell, he continued contacting me asking me to work, most recently 1360 words into Danish.

I have even contacted other freelancers who confirmed that they had also been contacted by him. Pity we can't put a stop to him, I'm sure he is ripping off others

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advarsel - se opp for dette firmaet

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »