Thread poster: MajedAlEnezy
MajedAlEnezy
MajedAlEnezy
Saudi Arabia
English to Arabic
Jun 5, 2020

Hello everyone,
I hope you are having a great time.
I was wondering how I can set the correct reading rates in Aegisub with CPM ( Character Per Minute ) Not CPS ( Character Per Second)
As it can see in the picture ( Aegisub1 ) the setting is different from the ones are in Wincaps
I think Aegisub calculates it as CPS whereas other software such as Wincaps uses CPM.
My reading rates are 800 CPM and I don't how to do that in Aegisub.
Could you please guide m
... See more
Hello everyone,
I hope you are having a great time.
I was wondering how I can set the correct reading rates in Aegisub with CPM ( Character Per Minute ) Not CPS ( Character Per Second)
As it can see in the picture ( Aegisub1 ) the setting is different from the ones are in Wincaps
I think Aegisub calculates it as CPS whereas other software such as Wincaps uses CPM.
My reading rates are 800 CPM and I don't how to do that in Aegisub.
Could you please guide me on how to do this properly?
My final inquiry is regarding Quality Assurance, is it available in Aegisub? and if so, how can I do it?
Collapse

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 17:14
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
in my humble opinion... Jun 5, 2020

Hello,

I don't know Wincaps and I used Aegisub only once. But 800 CPM should equal to 13.3 CPS (800/60). If you set CPS at 13 or 14 in (Preferences>Interface menu) get roughly 800 CPM. I dont know that simple math works here, maybe there are other unknown elements in the equatation when calculating cps or cpm. Just an idea

Best,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reading Rates and Quality Assurance In Aegisub

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »