https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/343961-i_am_a_new_subtitler_and_want_your_advice.html

I am a new subtitler and want your advice.
Thread poster: karim mohamed
May 23, 2020

Hello there,

I am a new subtitler and as you all know when you start something, you fell that you get confused. So I need your advice in this field. I am passionate about translating movies, documentary, listening to audios and so on but without experience. I need to ask some questions and I am sorry for being annoying to some of you.

1- Does translating or captioning videos get you called a subtitler or something else?
2- There are some websites that allow you to
... See more
Hello there,

I am a new subtitler and as you all know when you start something, you fell that you get confused. So I need your advice in this field. I am passionate about translating movies, documentary, listening to audios and so on but without experience. I need to ask some questions and I am sorry for being annoying to some of you.

1- Does translating or captioning videos get you called a subtitler or something else?
2- There are some websites that allow you to write or caption what you hear, is it related to what I am talking about and could you share with me some guideline books which give more details about punctuation and how to connect sentences which each other?
3- How should I work on to be a good subtitler?

So sorry for a long topic.

Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I am a new subtitler and want your advice.

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »