Twitter rolls out ‘Activity Tab’
Thread poster: RominaZ
RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 16, 2011

Twitter recently finished adding the final touches to a more “Facebook-like” interface. Users on Twitter can now see who “likes” their posts and discover what their followers are doing.

In a recent blog post, Twitter said, “You can now see when someone favourites (likes) or retweets one of your Tweets. You can also learn which Tweets are most interesting and inspiring to the people you follow.”

Using the “Activity tab”, users now have the option of viewing any interactions between themselves and their community. The Activity tab began its roll-out in August and finished its completion this week, according to the San Francisco-based social network.
Users should now select the username tabs on home pages if they want to see which of their tweets have been retweeted or replied to. If the user clicks on the activity tab, Twitter knocks out a summary of what their followers have been getting up to.

Source: meme burn

Ambrose Li
Ambrose Li  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:30
English
+ ...
poor timing Nov 16, 2011

Isn’t it funny that this article is posted right after Twitter has reverted to the old interface? The Activity tab was rolled out, and then it was rolled back. It is now nowhere to be found.

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:30
German to French
+ ...
That's a bug Nov 16, 2011

Hi there!

I'd say it's a bug - the Activity Tab has been there for at least 3 months in beta testing for many users. I had it on a couple of the Twitter accounts I manage, and that bug happened occasionally. Would expect it to be fixed now that the beta phase is over though, but I'm sure it will come back. It always does

Cheers,
Anne

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Twitter rolls out ‘Activity Tab’

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »