Thread poster: Yazmin Osoyo
Yazmin Osoyo
Yazmin Osoyo  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:51
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 20, 2002

I followed the instructions for translating comments and used the T-window for Clipboard... however, this resulted in a waste of time, it did not paste into the excel file, did not register into the TM and after I closed it all the translated text was lost!

As for word, everytime I translate a header and footer, page number or any type of active fields a marker or delimiter appears

Can someone explain how to handle this?

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:51
English to German
+ ...
Not sure, but maybe... Oct 20, 2002

Of course I am not sure, but maybe you actually did not look into the target files and so the translation seemed to be lost. When you open an Excel file to translate, T-Window for Excel by default creates a new file in the same directory with the \"extension\" filename_translated.xls. Provided you have saved every segment into the TM and did not choose another file name or directory, you should find your translation in this file.

As for T-Window for Clipboard, you have to save the segm
... See more
Of course I am not sure, but maybe you actually did not look into the target files and so the translation seemed to be lost. When you open an Excel file to translate, T-Window for Excel by default creates a new file in the same directory with the \"extension\" filename_translated.xls. Provided you have saved every segment into the TM and did not choose another file name or directory, you should find your translation in this file.

As for T-Window for Clipboard, you have to save the segment into the TM and then copy the translated target segment (menu: Tools/Copy target) and manually put it into the file you are translating. However your TM should contain every segment, which was saved into it, which applies also to T-Window for clipboard.

If this does not solve your problem, maybe you could describe it more in detail.
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:51
English to German
+ ...
More info, please... Oct 20, 2002

Regarding your Excel issue: the header of your message refers to T-Window for Excel, whereas your post refers to T-Window for Clipboard. Did you attempt to use both at the same time?

Re your Word problem: did you try to translate fields (such as cross-references, for example)? Perhaps you could describe an example of where your problem occurred - TBH I\'m not too sure what the problem is.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating footers, headers and comments with WB and T-window for Excel

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »