Thread poster: Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:08
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Oct 7, 2002

When I open a Powerpoint file in T-window, it says \"This presentation contains unavailable fonts\". Anybody knows why?

Thank you so much in advance,

Hang Nguyen

Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Replace fonts Oct 7, 2002

I had this problem earlier this evening. Your PPT contains some fonts that Trados can\'t use. In PPT, choose Format -> Replace Fonts. In the top box, see which fonts have a question mark in front of them. These are the fonts that are causing the problem.

For each font with a question mark, replace it with a font that is available in the bottom box.

With my PPT, for example, it was the Windings font that was causing the problem. Don\'t forget that when y
... See more
I had this problem earlier this evening. Your PPT contains some fonts that Trados can\'t use. In PPT, choose Format -> Replace Fonts. In the top box, see which fonts have a question mark in front of them. These are the fonts that are causing the problem.

For each font with a question mark, replace it with a font that is available in the bottom box.

With my PPT, for example, it was the Windings font that was causing the problem. Don\'t forget that when you have finished your translation, you may need to reinsert the original character. One of my slides had a Winding of a Save (diskette) icon. After I had finished translating with Trados, I then went back and re-inserted this character.

The Trados website is good for providing you with information like this.

HTH,

Joanne
Collapse

Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:08
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Here's the URL for the Trados site... Oct 7, 2002

Hi again,

Here\'s the URL for the help page on the Trados site.

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

It solved my problem, hope it helps you too.

Joanne

Hang Nguyen-Padfield
Hang Nguyen-Padfield  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:08
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU! Oct 7, 2002

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados and Powerpoint

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »