Concordance search doesn't work with one specific server (Studio 2019)
Thread poster: François Duperrier
François Duperrier
François Duperrier  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:43
English to French
+ ...
Feb 3, 2021

Hello there,

I experience the following problem: the concordance search doesn't work in Studio 2019 with a specific server.

I have normal access to the translation memory, which is properly activated (with concordance) and updates correctly.
But when I want to search for a term, I get the following message:
"There was a problem while searching. See the message window."
-> "An error has occurred while using the translation provider ***: Object reference
... See more
Hello there,

I experience the following problem: the concordance search doesn't work in Studio 2019 with a specific server.

I have normal access to the translation memory, which is properly activated (with concordance) and updates correctly.
But when I want to search for a term, I get the following message:
"There was a problem while searching. See the message window."
-> "An error has occurred while using the translation provider ***: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I have this problem with all the TMs on this server.

The weirdest thing is that the concordance search works correctly when I work with another server.
From the translation agency, they tell me that they have no problems on their side with the server.

Everything is updated in the system and I don't notice any other problems. I tried to delete and then reactivate the translation memory, but the problem persists. Restarting Studio or the computer is useless. This has been going on for several days.

Do you have any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Collapse

Ekaterina Kroumova
Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
Maybe deactivating the server and adding it again Feb 3, 2021

Maybe deactivating the server and adding it again would help. Some while ago I had a problem with a server, I don't remember what kind exactly, but this helped. Delete the server, than add it again. Make sure to copy the server address beforehand, if you don't have it already somewhere.

François Duperrier
François Duperrier  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:43
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried twice Feb 3, 2021

I've tried twice, but to no avail.

Thank you anyway, Ekaterina...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search doesn't work with one specific server (Studio 2019)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »