adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Local time: 07:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2020

Hello there, urgent help needed here!

I have the added to Studio 2019, but I can't find out how to limit the range of fuzzy matches in the filter, as apparently one is supposed to be able to do:

"If you wanted to find all the 99% matches in your SDLXLIFF then you would put 99 into each of the boxes and apply the filter. If you wanted to find all the fuzzy matches between 50% and 75% then you would put 50 in the left box and 75 in the right and apply filter."
... See more
Hello there, urgent help needed here!

I have the added to Studio 2019, but I can't find out how to limit the range of fuzzy matches in the filter, as apparently one is supposed to be able to do:

"If you wanted to find all the 99% matches in your SDLXLIFF then you would put 99 into each of the boxes and apply the filter. If you wanted to find all the fuzzy matches between 50% and 75% then you would put 50 in the left box and 75 in the right and apply filter."
https://multifarious.filkin.com/2017/12/19/advancing-the-advanced/

When I click on the Filter Attributes tab, obviously the Fuzzy Match option is there, but no options come up for the range. What am I missing? How do I find the range options?

Appreciate your help very much, thanks.
Collapse

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 15:42
French to Italian
+ ...
Download the improved filter Nov 11, 2020

Hi Adrienne,
I think this is not included in the standard version, but you can download a filter with more functions from the app store here: https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/community-advanced-display-filter/849/

these are some extra features:

- filter by fuzzy match value
- filter by the colour of the text in the sou
... See more
Hi Adrienne,
I think this is not included in the standard version, but you can download a filter with more functions from the app store here: https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/community-advanced-display-filter/849/

these are some extra features:

- filter by fuzzy match value
- filter by the colour of the text in the source AND/OR target segments
- filter by the colour of highlighting in the source AND/OR target segments
- filter by segments containing tags
- filter by content inside tags
- filter randomly for QA checking
- highlight filtered segments with a multitude of colours in one go
Collapse

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not available in my Community Advanced Display Filter either.... Nov 11, 2020

Hi Elena, thanks so much for replying, but that's actually my problem. I have the Community Advanced Display Filter installed (sorry, forgot to paste in app name in my original post) but it does not give me this option.

Do you have that filter? If so, can you tell me what steps you follow to be able to enter the fuzzy match range?

I wish we could post screenshots here, but I do not see this option, only the generic "fuzzy match" option that was in the original Advance
... See more
Hi Elena, thanks so much for replying, but that's actually my problem. I have the Community Advanced Display Filter installed (sorry, forgot to paste in app name in my original post) but it does not give me this option.

Do you have that filter? If so, can you tell me what steps you follow to be able to enter the fuzzy match range?

I wish we could post screenshots here, but I do not see this option, only the generic "fuzzy match" option that was in the original Advanced Display filter.
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
have you downloaded and installed the latest version? Nov 11, 2020

I think you don't have the latest version.

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have the latest version Nov 11, 2020

Thanks again, Elena, but I do. I actually downloaded the plug-in again earlier, but same problem.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
I had the earlier version so I just downloaded it Nov 11, 2020

Now I see 2 filters in the view tab

Screenshot_1

[Edited at 2020-11-11 12:53 GMT]

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have that too... Nov 11, 2020

Appears in my Ribbon the same as yours. I'm definitely using the (newer) Community one.

(Feeling a bit stoopid, how do I post a screenshot like you did?)

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
It's a 90s way of postig pictures :) Nov 11, 2020

Glad you found it now

To post pictures here, you can upload a picture in the lower part of the page, where it says "Drop images here", but once uploaded you will have to copy and paste the code provided in the white box where you are typing. I failed the first time earlier.

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still can't find the option though! Nov 11, 2020

Hi Elena, I never had any trouble finding the filter tool, it's just that when I open it, there is no option for the fuzzy match range. The fuzzy match option is there (as in the original Filter) but there is nowhere to insert a range. Do you see that option when you use the newer plugin?

Appreciate your help!

(I don't even get an option for dropping an image, what IS going on?!)

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
try this Nov 11, 2020

adrienneiii wrote:

Hi Elena, I never had any trouble finding the filter tool, it's just that when I open it, there is no option for the fuzzy match range. The fuzzy match option is there (as in the original Filter) but there is nowhere to insert a range. Do you see that option when you use the newer plugin?

Appreciate your help!

(I don't even get an option for dropping an image, what IS going on?!)

No problem, thanks to you I got around to finally install that plugin myself.

Now I see the option to choose the fuzzy %.

For the image uploading here there might be different modes of visualizations

Screenshot_2

[Edited at 2020-11-12 11:54 GMT]

adrienneiii

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Drop images here... Nov 11, 2020

adrienneiii wrote:
I don't even get an option for dropping an image, what IS going on?

I usually just use the "Choose Files" button. But it's here:

drop images here

The reason for this old-fashioned method of adding photos is because the forum software was not originally designed with images in mind, and it would have taken a complete redesign to fix it, so they just added this upload-copy-paste method to it, which works fine once you know how to use it.

Elena Feriani

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Elena thank you so much! Nov 11, 2020

You found the fuzzy match range for me! I just don't understand why it would be on the Segment tab where fuzzy match is on the Filter Attributes tab. Boy, they also really need to improve the user documentation for this plugin!

Thank you so much again!

Elena Feriani

adrienneiii
adrienneiii
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Samuel.... Nov 11, 2020

So bizarre, but I don't have that Upload images section there. Goes straight from Topic body to Share. Weird or what?

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Community advanced display filter, % fuzzy match

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »