Thread poster: Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
Nov 9, 2020

Hi everybody,

I need your help with SDL Studio. I have finished a proofreading project on Studio and for the sake of consistency, I would like to know how to search for a particular term or word on the source or target file, step by step. I can do that in the Word file, but I want to do it on Studio.
Unfortunately, the similarly asked questions on the Forums have no clear answers!

Thank you,
Nesrine

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 09:51
French to Italian
+ ...
From the editor view press Control + F then select "source" or "target" Nov 9, 2020

Or you can use a more or less advanced filter, depending on your Studio version.

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:51
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You don't mention which version of Studio you use. Nov 9, 2020

perledelune wrote:
for the sake of consistency, I would like to know how to search for a particular term or word on the source or target file, step by step. I can do that in the Word file, but I want to do it on Studio.
Thank you,
Nesrine

I will suppose you have the same version of Studio as I am using, namely Studio 2019.

I think what you want is to filter on a certain term.
What I would do, is as follows:
Go to the Review tab
Skjermbilde
In the Display Filter segment on the ribbon there is a search field where you write the term you are interested in.
To the left of the search box you see a funnel, where you choose either In Source or In Target.

Then you should be set.
I hope that answers your question.

Roy

Victorița Ionela Duță

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:51
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Use Advanced Display Filter Nov 10, 2020

Use the Advanced Display Filter, it is a great tool. Depending on the version of Trados you are using, it is either already installed or you can download it for free from the SDL App Store.

Elena Feriani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search a term in the source or target file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »