Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 14:36
French to Italian
+ ...
Sep 16, 2020

Hi all,
Since installing an update for my Studio 2019, I dont's see the Trados icon any longer near Trados files that I receive or create, like project files, but only the blank page icon. When clicking on the files, I can't open them, but I can still open them from Studio. When trying to click on them and selecting "open with", I can't find Trados anywhere!

Any Idea how I can fix this without reinstalling the software?
I run Studio on my Mac with bootcamp. Thank you in
... See more
Hi all,
Since installing an update for my Studio 2019, I dont's see the Trados icon any longer near Trados files that I receive or create, like project files, but only the blank page icon. When clicking on the files, I can't open them, but I can still open them from Studio. When trying to click on them and selecting "open with", I can't find Trados anywhere!

Any Idea how I can fix this without reinstalling the software?
I run Studio on my Mac with bootcamp. Thank you in advance
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Right click on a file in question to get up a menu Sep 16, 2020

When you get the menu, click on
Open in
Choose another app (at the bottom of the menu)
If Studio is not mentioned in the list, you would have to scroll down to the bottom, where it says "More app".
Browse to Studio and choose it.
In the menu "How do you want to open the file?" you tick "Always use this app to open xxx-files" (where xxx is the type of file in question)

I hope this will help you.¨
I would have liked to include some screendumps, but
... See more
When you get the menu, click on
Open in
Choose another app (at the bottom of the menu)
If Studio is not mentioned in the list, you would have to scroll down to the bottom, where it says "More app".
Browse to Studio and choose it.
In the menu "How do you want to open the file?" you tick "Always use this app to open xxx-files" (where xxx is the type of file in question)

I hope this will help you.¨
I would have liked to include some screendumps, but I hope the above still is some help.

Roy
Collapse

Kristina Hagen

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:36
English to Russian
Repair Studio Sep 16, 2020

I had the same issue recently. There are too many different specific icons in Studio to simply assign them by the 'Open with' method. I suggest that you repair Studio. I have no idea how it works on Mac, but on PC you should select 'Uninstall/Change' in Programs and Features to invoke the repairing wizard. This will restore all Studio-specific icons.

[Edited at 2020-09-16 11:45 GMT]

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 16, 2020

Thank you both, I think I really need to repair it, as Stepan suggested. I'll finish a big job and then I'll give it try.

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 24, 2020

Stepan Konev wrote:

...on PC you should select 'Uninstall/Change' in Programs and Features to invoke the repairing wizard. This will restore all Studio-specific icons.

Hi Stepan,
I have done as you said and it worked. You made my day, thank you very much. I had no idea you could repair installations!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No Trados icons on trados files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »