SDL Trados 2019 available manual
Thread poster: Deutsch-sp
Deutsch-sp
Deutsch-sp
Spain
Aug 19, 2020

Hello everyone,

I just installed SDL Trados 2019 on my PC and I came across a free manual provided by tradosstudiomanual.com. I am keen on taking the advanced test on SDL official site and was wondering if this manual would suffice in order to take the test, or if it at least comprises the required knowledge to make use of the software
... See more
Hello everyone,

I just installed SDL Trados 2019 on my PC and I came across a free manual provided by tradosstudiomanual.com. I am keen on taking the advanced test on SDL official site and was wondering if this manual would suffice in order to take the test, or if it at least comprises the required knowledge to make use of the software on a regular basis. Here's the link: http://tradosstudiomanual.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/Binder2019.pdf

Thank you everyone in advanced.

Mateo
Collapse

Morano El-Kholy

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 23:49
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You better try your hand on the software well in advance to the test... Aug 20, 2020

First of all, you may have noticed that the text in the manual you downloaded is just a sample of the actual manual, which is not free but costs USD 52 (not a big deal anyway).

Secondly, what makes you master a software package is not the manual, but the continuous practice on it. Watch all the free tutorials in youtube, attend all the free webinars SDL offers, process the samples which come with the package, etc. Duly do your homework, and in six months to one year from now, you wi
... See more
First of all, you may have noticed that the text in the manual you downloaded is just a sample of the actual manual, which is not free but costs USD 52 (not a big deal anyway).

Secondly, what makes you master a software package is not the manual, but the continuous practice on it. Watch all the free tutorials in youtube, attend all the free webinars SDL offers, process the samples which come with the package, etc. Duly do your homework, and in six months to one year from now, you will become skilled enough to reconsider the need to take a test on the tool just for getting a certificate.

I started working with version 5.5 of Trados (the one with the sailor logo) in 2004. So far, I have translated around 3 million words with it, and nobody has ever asked me for any proof of test completion.

Saludos

[Edited at 2020-08-20 15:55 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-08-20 15:57 GMT]
Collapse

Morano El-Kholy

George Ma
George Ma
China
Local time: 12:49
English to Chinese
SDL Trados 2019 Documentation is a good start Aug 30, 2020

Deutsch-sp wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just installed SDL Trados 2019 on my PC and I came across a free manual provided by tradosstudiomanual.com. I am keen on taking the advanced test on SDL official site and was wondering if this manual would suffice in order to take the test, or if it at least comprises the required knowledge to make use of the software on a regular basis. Here's the link: http://tradosstudiomanual.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/Binder2019.pdf

Thank you everyone in advanced.

Mateo

Here is the link for the official SDL Trados 2019 documentation: https://docs.sdl.com/783545/386356/sdl-trados-studio/welcome-to-the-------------sdl-trados-studio-2019-documentation

Also from SDL is a migration guide to SDL Trados 2019 for users with older version, you may find here: https://sdl.ssl.cdn.sdlmedia.com/636694160185542925HW.pdf.
Though it is a migration guide as its name suggest, it also has explained lots of features and usage of SDL Trados 2019 in details.

George

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2019 available manual

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »