Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:54
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jul 6, 2020

I was always lost when I had opened an sdltm-file in Studio and saw only the first page. There are buttons for Next and Previous and First page, but I really don't want to look at translations from ten years ago but instead I would like to see my last entries. Alt+End would be a natural command, but it does not work. I don't know how to use filters. Any suggestion?

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:54
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Trados 2019 Jul 6, 2020

I am not sure about other versions of Trados, but in Trados 2019 you can click "Last Page" from the Home menu.

Otherwise you could make a simple AutoHotKey script to loop clicking the Next button.

[Edited at 2020-07-06 10:48 GMT]

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:54
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Is it this button that you are looking for? Jul 6, 2020

See button highlighted in blue. This definitely takes you to the last page of your TM entries (TUs).

TM View

If button really is not there, I would ask the SDL Community. This is in many cases the better option compared to filing a support ticket under your PSMA. Have you got the Finnish version of the graphic user interface? Maybe it is a case of an incomplete localisation.

Cheers,

[Edited at 2020-07-06 10:59 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do not see this part of the menu bar at all Jul 6, 2020

Sebastian Witte wrote:

See button highlighted in blue. This definitely takes you to the last page of your TM entries (TUs).

TM View

If button really is not there, I would ask the SDL Community. This is in many cases the better option compared to filing a support ticket under your PSMA. Have you got the Finnish version of the graphic user interface? Maybe it is a case of an incomplete localisation.

Cheers,

[Edited at 2020-07-06 10:59 GMT]

I have the English version, maybe my monitor needs to be broader?

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Old issue I see Jul 6, 2020

James Plastow wrote:

I am not sure about other versions of Trados, but in Trados 2019 you can click "Last Page" from the Home menu.

Otherwise you could make a simple AutoHotKey script to loop clicking the Next button.

[Edited at 2020-07-06 10:48 GMT]

I looked at the community discussion and this issue has been discussed for years but nothing has been done. Olifant should be able to do it, Studio not, at least not in 2017.

AnnaSCHTR
AnnaSCHTR  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:54
English to Czech
+ ...
No button in Studio 2017 Jul 6, 2020

There is no such button in Studio 2017 but you can easily create your own shortcut. If you go to Options > Keyboard Shortcuts, you can create a shortcut for "Last Page". I use Ctrl+Alt+L.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Thank you Anna Jul 6, 2020

I wish I knew this workaround several years ago... When I first asked about this button on SDL community site, they suggested that I should use their search filters (by date). Never they mentiond the 'Last page' keyboard shortcut... Either they did not know what they had there in their software product or it was introduced with later updates. Great!

Thank you again

[Edited at 2020-07-06 14:48 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shortcut works Jul 6, 2020

I made this shortcut for Last Page and it works, but strangely the last page in the TM is from two years ago, though the TM was used with my last project and has the date from today.
I run the WFconverter and converted the TM to tmx, and there the newest entries are on the bottom of the file. I wonder what's happened.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
I experience the same issue Jul 6, 2020

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
I made this shortcut for Last Page and it works, but strangely the last page in the TM is from two years ago, though the TM was used with my last project and has the date from today.

I have this button in my 2019 version but it does not work as expected with some TMs. When I press 'Last Page', it goes to segment 148868* (out of 231489), the 'Next Page' button remains active and brings me to the next page when I press it. I counted to 100 'Next Page' keystrokes then I just gave up. Another half-baked feature. It does not depend on TM size, I have 3 times longer TMs where the 'Last Page' feature works fine.
Here is my video of this bug: https://youtu.be/nYAtT073wWQ
*I put 148867 on this video by mistake (must be 148868), but it doesn't matter though.

[Edited at 2020-07-06 19:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Translation memory, how to get to Last page

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »