Studio 2019 & Powerpoint crashing - help!
Thread poster: Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.
Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:56
English to German
+ ...
Mar 9, 2020

Hi all,
My Studio 2019 is crashing (without any error message) when I try to translate a Powerpoint (.pptx) file.
- I have tried repairing the installation with the Control Panel, as suggested by the SDL database
- I have rebooted my PC
- I have tried exporting the PPTX to PPT format, but cannot import the file into any project - "out of memory" error (even though the Task Manager in Windows shows that about half of the 8GB of RAM is free throughout)
- If I try to
... See more
Hi all,
My Studio 2019 is crashing (without any error message) when I try to translate a Powerpoint (.pptx) file.
- I have tried repairing the installation with the Control Panel, as suggested by the SDL database
- I have rebooted my PC
- I have tried exporting the PPTX to PPT format, but cannot import the file into any project - "out of memory" error (even though the Task Manager in Windows shows that about half of the 8GB of RAM is free throughout)
- If I try to open the XLIFF file itself (only 3000 words and 1MB large), SDL crashes without trace.

I have tried on two different PCs, one bang up to date and the other 1 or 2 SPs behind ... same results.

What can I try next?

Cheers, all,

-Mike-
Collapse

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Contact the client Mar 9, 2020

Marketing-Lang. wrote:

Hi all,
- I have rebooted my PC
- If I try to open the XLIFF file itself (only 3000 words and 1MB large), SDL crashes without trace.

I have tried on two different PCs, one bang up to date and the other 1 or 2 SPs behind ... same results.

What can I try next?

Cheers, all,

-Mike-

The way I read it, they sent you a corrupted file. Tell them, and let them send a working file.

Marketing-Lang.
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PPT itself is fine Mar 9, 2020

hi Rob,
nope, the .PPTX file itself is fine, I can export it as a .PPT without problem.
-M-

Marketing-Lang.
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Mar 12, 2020

Great! A buddy imported the files without problem into his MemoQ, so now I'm translating XLIFF files in Studio.
Oh, well ... a means to an end.
-Mike-

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 & Powerpoint crashing - help!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »