Thread poster: Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2020

(If this is already answered elsewhere, please direct me accordingly; I have searched but found nothing).

I am translating an excel file. Each cell contains a significant amount of text, including html tags. Trados segments the cells at full stops, but ignores the html tags which simply get inserted as placeables in Trados often creating massively unwieldy segments of entire lists/tables, which I then have to split manually.

Is it possible to create a segmentation rule
... See more
(If this is already answered elsewhere, please direct me accordingly; I have searched but found nothing).

I am translating an excel file. Each cell contains a significant amount of text, including html tags. Trados segments the cells at full stops, but ignores the html tags which simply get inserted as placeables in Trados often creating massively unwieldy segments of entire lists/tables, which I then have to split manually.

Is it possible to create a segmentation rule so that the cell is segmented after each of the following closing tags (all enclosed in square brackets, but omitted here to ensure they display correctly):
/div
/h2
/p
/br
/li
/td

Many thanks.
Collapse

Wendy Cummings
Wendy Cummings  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can anyone help or direct me with this query? Mar 10, 2020

Can anyone suggest any solution to this problem? I receive a lot of files with this issue and it would greatly help me to know how to resolve it.
Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add a segmentation rule for html tags

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »