Thread poster: sidlejinx
sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 00:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 17, 2020

I use Trados Studio 2017. I am currently working on a document with enumerated paragraphs. Paragraph numbers like 3.2.11 are automatically translated into the date format 03.02.2011. But 3.2.11 should remain in this case.
Also, even after I correct manually the auto suggestion back to 3.2.11, SDL still propagates it in the date format. How can I avoid this?
Is there any difference if the source segment contains 3.2.11 or 3.2.11. (with the period in the end)?

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 23:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
Pre-process Feb 18, 2020

Because those strings are recognized as dates, I'd manually pre-process those segments.
To do so, filter the relevant segments with regex in Filter Display, then Copy Source to Target, assign Translate status and optionally, lock them.
Afterwards, you can remove the filter and continue translating the remaining text.

sidlejinx
sidlejinx
Ukraine
Local time: 00:27
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'd like it to be done automatically Feb 18, 2020

That's almost what I do now, but I'd like it to be done automatically and on every project I work on.

TranslateWithMe
TranslateWithMe
Poland
Local time: 23:27
English to Polish
+ ...
Not sure if it works... Feb 18, 2020

Maybe you can go to Translation Memory view, open the TM for your project, choose it on the list right click it, choose Settings and there Fields and settings, in Recognise uncheck Dates.

Will see if it works...

Or through Auto-substitution
Go to File>Options>Language Pairs>[your specific language pair]>Translation Memory and Automated Translation>Auto-substitution and uncheck Dates

[Edited at 2020-02-18 18:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incorrect auto translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »