How to activate Autosuggest creator add-on/can I use my Studio 2009 add-on?
Thread poster: Cristina Perju
Cristina Perju
Cristina Perju  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 23:23
English to Romanian
+ ...
Feb 13, 2020

Hello, here's hoping you can help me with a thorny issue that I can't seem to solve
I purchased Studio 2009 a while back and got an Autosuggest Creator add-on with it. In the mean time I have also purchased Studio 2017 but never needed the Autosuggest feature until now. To further complicate things, the reseller I purchased it from went on ahead and created a new account for me (without asking me...), so the licenses for Stu
... See more
Hello, here's hoping you can help me with a thorny issue that I can't seem to solve
I purchased Studio 2009 a while back and got an Autosuggest Creator add-on with it. In the mean time I have also purchased Studio 2017 but never needed the Autosuggest feature until now. To further complicate things, the reseller I purchased it from went on ahead and created a new account for me (without asking me...), so the licenses for Studio 2009 (and the activation code for the add-on) and Studio 2017 are on two separate SDL accounts
The button in 2017 is greyed out and it says I should upgrade my license to use this feature, but doesn't the license INCLUDE this add-on? I was living under the impression that it did. If it doesn't include it, can I use the add-on I already got with Studio 2009 in Studio 2017?
Thanks in advance, looking fwd to your answer (a quick reply would be immensely appreciated, as I have a client waiting for an answer)
Cheers,
Cristina

Here's a screenshot of the greyed out button and the message:

Screenshot_3
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:23
English to Russian
Why don't you ask SDL Feb 14, 2020

You can ask your question here: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio
Or contact SDL support to solve your double account issue.
Just copy your message here and paste there.

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
French to English
+ ...
Well... Feb 14, 2020

If you can create your Autosuggest dictionary in Trados 2009 using your add-on with your own TMs, I don't see any reason you can't use the same dictionaries in T. 2017. I assume they are all bpm files.
Once they have been created, just use them in Trados 2017 by uploading them under the specific language pair.
Of course, merging the accounts is a good idea, but will not make any difference in this case.
HTH,
Sandra

Cristina Perju
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

Thanks for the suggestion, Stepan, just did that, hopefully they'll reply quickly

Also thanks for the 2009 workaround, Sandra&Kenneth, now why didn't I think of that)) I'll have to re-install 2009 for this, but it's worth it considering the size of the project... I'll ask about merging the accounts as well, I hope that works out, the way I see it that
... See more
Thanks for the suggestion, Stepan, just did that, hopefully they'll reply quickly

Also thanks for the 2009 workaround, Sandra&Kenneth, now why didn't I think of that)) I'll have to re-install 2009 for this, but it's worth it considering the size of the project... I'll ask about merging the accounts as well, I hope that works out, the way I see it that would actually be the simplest solution.

Thanks again for your suggestions, guys, happy translating!
Collapse

Cristina Perju
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it works :D Feb 14, 2020

Sandra&Kenneth, just coming back to thank you again for the workaround, it worked

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to activate Autosuggest creator add-on/can I use my Studio 2009 add-on?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »