Changing/adding language pairs in Trados 2017
Thread poster: John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 24, 2019

After setting up SDL Trados 2017 ["freelance"] for DE/FR/PO to EN, I had forgotten to add ES to EN.

Now, despite trying the SDL "RESET" app [which appears to do nothing] and after reinstalling the entire software, I am still unable to open any Spanish document which, according to my set-up, "contains languages that are not configured for this installation" - which, ironically, is gramatically incorrect: in fact, my installation is not configured for this language, not vice versa...
... See more
After setting up SDL Trados 2017 ["freelance"] for DE/FR/PO to EN, I had forgotten to add ES to EN.

Now, despite trying the SDL "RESET" app [which appears to do nothing] and after reinstalling the entire software, I am still unable to open any Spanish document which, according to my set-up, "contains languages that are not configured for this installation" - which, ironically, is gramatically incorrect: in fact, my installation is not configured for this language, not vice versa...

Old postings mention registry entries that no longer apply, so I am stuck. As mentioned, I have already completely reinstalled all the software. To no end.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:46
English to Russian
When SDL Trados is closed, Oct 24, 2019

press Win+R > type regedit > go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\LDSRClient5 > rename LDSRClient5 to LDSRClient5.old
Launch Studio again

John Kingsmore

John Kingsmore
John Kingsmore
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Worked perfectly Oct 24, 2019

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing/adding language pairs in Trados 2017

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »