I can't create a new project or add files to an old one.
Thread poster: Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:18
French to English
Apr 16, 2019

Good evening,
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019

A client has sent me some new files 2 PDFs and 2 word documents. I have tried several times to create a new project and also to add these files to an old project for the same client.

In both cases I continue as normal but when the program starts the batch tasks to convert the files, it gets to about 25% and then shuts down altogether.

On the times I have tried to create a new project the project folder
... See more
Good evening,
I am using SDL Trados Studio 2019

A client has sent me some new files 2 PDFs and 2 word documents. I have tried several times to create a new project and also to add these files to an old project for the same client.

In both cases I continue as normal but when the program starts the batch tasks to convert the files, it gets to about 25% and then shuts down altogether.

On the times I have tried to create a new project the project folder is created with the source language files, and one SDLXLIFF file for the first document, but nothing else. I can't see the project in my list of projects but can search with the browser. If I try again I have to create a new project name.

When I have tried to add files to another project for that client then the same happens in the source language file for that project. I can't see them in Trados but they are in my files.

I thought it had worked by adding a single file to an existing project but that closed the program down as well and when I reopen it the file is not in the project's file listings, even though it appears in the file when I search the browser.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you
Collapse

Louise TAYLOR
Louise TAYLOR  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:18
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Uninstall and reinstall - done Apr 16, 2019

I have tried a complete reinstall but still have the same problem

[Edited at 2019-04-16 17:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't create a new project or add files to an old one.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »