Add-In for Term extraction based on word repetitions
Thread poster: Christian Schmidt
Oct 23, 2018

Hello,

currently I'm looking for an Add-In for SDL Trados Studio 2019 that lets me create a termbase with terms out of a document (could
be a project file) based on the amount of repetitions.

For example:
It should show me which words gets repeated how many times. Then I should be able to select for example the top 10 repeated words and create a termbase out of that.

Is this in any way possible? I feel SDL MultiTerm Extract doesn't work the way
... See more
Hello,

currently I'm looking for an Add-In for SDL Trados Studio 2019 that lets me create a termbase with terms out of a document (could
be a project file) based on the amount of repetitions.

For example:
It should show me which words gets repeated how many times. Then I should be able to select for example the top 10 repeated words and create a termbase out of that.

Is this in any way possible? I feel SDL MultiTerm Extract doesn't work the way I need it do, or does it?

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Collapse

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:38
Member (2014)
English to German
SDL app store Oct 24, 2018

Hello Christian,

You could try 'projectTermExtract':

https://appstore.sdl.com/language/app/projecttermextract/817/

HTH

Christian Schmidt

Christian Schmidt
Christian Schmidt
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your suggestion Oct 24, 2018

Hello Silke,

thanks for your suggestion. I am currently trying it currently. It kind of does what I need, but some things might be missing.
Have your worked with the add-in by yourself already?

Ivana UK

Silke Walter
Silke Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:38
Member (2014)
English to German
Yes, but... Oct 24, 2018

I am using it (in SDL Trados Studio 2017) sometimes. In a few cases it was helpful. But most often I prefer to create a new termbase for the project and to add terms when they are appearing in the text.

Muhammad Alkhateeb
Muhammad Alkhateeb
Local time: 17:38
English to Arabic
Trados Glossary Creation/ Term Extraction Jun 13, 2020

You can use this to extract terms from Trados files/projects and create TB / Glossaries

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Add-In for Term extraction based on word repetitions

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »