Autor de la hebra: evawin

Roberta Beyer  Identity Verified
Estados Unidos
Local time: 20:18
Miembro 2011
francés a inglés
Find and Replace in TM view Jan 30, 2018

Hey y'all!

In the same vein, I was wondering if it's at all possible to do Find and Replace in the actual translation memory. I have a large TM with a lot of previous contributors and I want streamline the terminology (replace instances of "client" with "customer" etc.). Is this even possible?

Thanks!

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
México
Local time: 19:18
inglés a español
+ ...
TM view Jan 30, 2018

Yes, you can run Find and Replace operations in the TM view.

Also, if you'd like to streamline regular Replace All operations in the Editor view, have a look at these resources:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2017/11/replace-all-that-really-means-replace.html

See more
Yes, you can run Find and Replace operations in the TM view.

Also, if you'd like to streamline regular Replace All operations in the Editor view, have a look at these resources:

http://noradiaz.blogspot.mx/2017/11/replace-all-that-really-means-replace.html

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/400/t/14939
Collapse

Christine Bieri  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 03:18
alemán a inglés
Find and replace window disappears! Jan 26

This is an old thread but I've had this problem time and time again. Have tried all the various suggestions and nothing seems to work but closing Trados and starting it up again - very time consuming! Just now, after restarting Trados, I was working away with the find and replace window when suddenly the window just disappeared - in the middle of working with it - not just when I had the window open. I just don't have time to keep restarting Trados and am on a tight deadline. Help.

evawin  Identity Verified
Dinamarca
Local time: 03:18
Miembro 2010
inglés a danés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Sorry to tell but... Jan 26

...you need to restart Trados

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Find and replace in Trados 2017

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2021
One central location to store and manage multilingual terminology.

By providing access to all those involved in applying terminology (such as engineers, marketers, translators, and terminologists), our terminology management solution ensures consistent and high-quality content from source through to translation.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Búsqueda de términos
  • Trabajos
  • Foros
  • Multiple search