Thread poster: Isabel Estevez Higueras
Isabel Estevez Higueras
Isabel Estevez Higueras
Spain
Local time: 17:05
Member (2011)
French to Spanish
Feb 17, 2014

Hello i jus have finished a huge translation but suddenly Studio i can't send it to my client because of a message occured:

-

Se produjo una excepción de tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.

-

System.OutOfMemoryException, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

mscorlib

Antje Matthaeus
Antje Matthaeus  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Break up source file and run through Trados again Feb 17, 2014

I've had that problem before, too, with Trados 2009.

Have you tried the usual, closing the programme, turning the computer off and then rebooting, etc?

What also helps is breaking up the original in smaller parts and running them through Trados again. All your translations have been stored in your TM, so that shouldn't be a problem.

After export to target language you can paste the documents together again.

You can always search for more profes
... See more
I've had that problem before, too, with Trados 2009.

Have you tried the usual, closing the programme, turning the computer off and then rebooting, etc?

What also helps is breaking up the original in smaller parts and running them through Trados again. All your translations have been stored in your TM, so that shouldn't be a problem.

After export to target language you can paste the documents together again.

You can always search for more professional help at www.transationzone.com. Search for the error message.
Collapse

Yaotl Altan

Isabel Estevez Higueras
Isabel Estevez Higueras
Spain
Member (2011)
French to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thank you but Feb 17, 2014

Thank for your help, of course I have tried the usual. The problem is that the memory is not filled because of the error of this file.
Isabel

Antje Matthaeus
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TM has all your work Feb 17, 2014

I don't understand. You said you finished a translation. If you have finished the translation, every single sentence is stored in your TM if you have pressed Ctrl+Enter (confirm segment) before you move on to the next segment. This error just prevents you from storing the final document in the target language. But if you run the same text, broken up in smaller parts, through Trados again, it'll fill in the translations automatically because they are stored in the system.

Antje Matthaeus
Germany
English to German
+ ...
check here Feb 17, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/217583-studio_2011_systemoutofmemoryexception.html

Isabel Estevez Higueras
Isabel Estevez Higueras
Spain
Member (2011)
French to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I work with Studio 2011 Feb 17, 2014

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/217583-studio_2011_systemoutofmemoryexception.html

"You should not lose anything. Just exit Studio and save the file. The problem is that your computer runs out of memory after some time of operation. Shut it down, start it over, open no other prgrams except Trados Studio and try again
... See more

"You should not lose anything. Just exit Studio and save the file. The problem is that your computer runs out of memory after some time of operation. Shut it down, start it over, open no other prgrams except Trados Studio and try again to save the file in target format. Usually this helps." Tobi

It must be this problem, but the file is definitly lost, it's impossible to open it.

Of course I usually confirm every segment translated, I save the file many times during a translation because I know is very hard to lose hard work.

Thanks, anyway.

Isabel
Collapse

Isabel Estevez Higueras
Isabel Estevez Higueras
Spain
Member (2011)
French to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
problem resolved Feb 18, 2014

After a hard night, I finally split the huge file, translate the split files and marge them.

Uf! Work is finished.

Kindly,
Isabel

Sara Carmona
Sara Carmona
Spain
Dutch to Spanish
+ ...
Other method Feb 10, 2021

I have often found useful to make a copy of the file, save it in a previous format of the program (i.e. .ppt instead of .pptx) and load it again on the project in Trados. You have to review thoroughly at the end in case some properties have changed, but it usually works. Of course, you have to make a copy converting it to the most recent version of the program (in this case, a .pptx) before delivering to the client.

[Edited at 2021-02-10 12:17 GMT]

Reea-Silvia Podeanu
Reea-Silvia Podeanu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:05
English to Romanian
+ ...
This is what I did... Jul 10, 2021

I know this is an old thread but i post this here just in case somebody will look for solutions.

I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.
<
... See more
I know this is an old thread but i post this here just in case somebody will look for solutions.

I just had the same problem with my Trados and I had a big pptx that my Trados refused to save. So I have created a copy of the original pptx file and split the file in three, actually I created three new pptx files and copied a third of the content in each of them and then created a Trados project and put the three files in the same project with TM... and it worked like a charm.

In case that would not have worked I intended to create three projects, one for each pptx file and it would have worked anyway. This is another solution for working with big files. When I will finish I will paste the content of all three files together in the original file and everything will be just fine. So far it is saving my project without any problems.

I have a lot of RAM but i do not know why this time Trados thought the file was too big for it. Anyway, if you try this, it will work. Good luck!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help urgent:System.OutOfMemoryException'.ErrorMessage

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »