Antonio Arizcun  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:21
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 19, 2020

Dear colleagues,

It has just been brought to my attention that someone got hold of my CV and is impersonating me to (possibly) carry out fraudulent activities.

I am a certified pro member and of course endorse all professional guidelines so if you received any suspicious messages from "me" please ignore them and let me know.

The issue has already been reported to the police but I wanted to bring it to attention here in order to safeguard my professional rep
... See more
Dear colleagues,

It has just been brought to my attention that someone got hold of my CV and is impersonating me to (possibly) carry out fraudulent activities.

I am a certified pro member and of course endorse all professional guidelines so if you received any suspicious messages from "me" please ignore them and let me know.

The issue has already been reported to the police but I wanted to bring it to attention here in order to safeguard my professional reputation and business as well as those of my fellow translators.

Kind regards and happy translating!
Collapse

expressisverbis

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Your profile Jun 19, 2020

Bad luck! This happened to me once too — quite brazenly, by another ProZ.com member!

Might I suggest that, in addition to your post here (which will be seen by only a limited number of members), you should add a similar disclaimer on your profile — which is probably the first place people would go if they wantd to "check you out"!

Morano El-Kholy
Aline Amorim
expressisverbis
Yolanda Broad
Leighton Jacobs
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Antonio Arizcun
Spain
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great advice, will do! Jun 19, 2020

Thank you for your advice, will do it straight away!

Katarzyna Slowikova
Katarzyna Slowikova  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Czech
+ ...
Translator-scammers.com Jun 19, 2020

To make your case even more visible online, you may send all you have (scammer's data, any email exchanges, the fake CV, if you have it etc.) to www.translator-scammers.com
The website deals with exactly this type of scam.

[Edited at 2020-06-19 09:55 GMT]

expressisverbis
Liviu-Lee Roth
Yolanda Broad
Matthias Brombach
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Antonio Arizcun
Spain
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the advice Jun 20, 2020

I will have a look at that even though it looks like the issue is not as bad as it seemed at first. Hopefully everything is solved now.

Thanks everyone!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Victim of phishing/identity theft

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »