Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 15, 2020

I don't even know if this is a scam, or just something to be binned immediately. The sender of an e-mail I got was "Bob", just that, and the subject said "Genius". But there was also a note beside it saying E-mail with no body of text, and I could see a screenshot attached. I binned it and binned the binning too almost immediately, but forgot to look at Bob's address first.

I don't know any Bobs, or at least any Bobs that would be e-mailing me there. Robert de Niro uses one of my ot
... See more
I don't even know if this is a scam, or just something to be binned immediately. The sender of an e-mail I got was "Bob", just that, and the subject said "Genius". But there was also a note beside it saying E-mail with no body of text, and I could see a screenshot attached. I binned it and binned the binning too almost immediately, but forgot to look at Bob's address first.

I don't know any Bobs, or at least any Bobs that would be e-mailing me there. Robert de Niro uses one of my other e-mail addresses when he touches base, for instance.

Has anyone heard from Bob?
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:23
Danish to English
+ ...
Bob May 15, 2020

Creepy. I hope it isn't the evil spirit Bob from Twin Peaks. What do you see when you look in a mirror? Perhaps you've already been possessed.

Katarzyna Slowikova
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Aline Amorim
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mirror, mirror, on the wall ... May 15, 2020

... here's evil Bob to spoil it all.

Yes, I looked, and flinched at the long hair, but then I remembered I haven't had it cut in well over two months.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

E-mail and screenshot from Bob

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »