Thread poster: Yakov Katsman
Yakov Katsman
Yakov Katsman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:54
Member (2016)
English to Russian
Apr 6, 2020

First you receive letter and invitation for interview. No tests and $65 per hour.
After "successful" interview they ask you to purchase lot of Apple hardware and software. But no problems, they will mail you a check for their vendor.
So be aware:
WOCKHARDT
JOEL WILLIAM
[email protected]

COMPANY: WOCKHARDT PHARMACEUTICALS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY .
Job Type: Part-Tim
... See more
First you receive letter and invitation for interview. No tests and $65 per hour.
After "successful" interview they ask you to purchase lot of Apple hardware and software. But no problems, they will mail you a check for their vendor.
So be aware:
WOCKHARDT
JOEL WILLIAM
[email protected]

COMPANY: WOCKHARDT PHARMACEUTICALS AND BIOTECHNOLOGY .
Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time, Freelancer.
Hourly Rate: $65/Hour-$65/Hour.
Training Rate: $45/Hour.

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
You've been assigned to JOEL WILLIAM (Hiring Coordinator) of WOCKHARDT, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

To contact him, set up a screen name via Google Hangout and add up the Company Hiring Manager([email protected]) and instant message him to proceed with the job interview

Interview Scheduled: Mondays - Fridays
Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM-6:00 PM EST
Training is available.

Your verification code is (TRA/WK11_11). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Muhammad Bilal
Laurela Bruka

Muhammad Bilal
Muhammad Bilal
United States
Local time: 08:54
English
Just going through the same right now... Apr 13, 2020

Just going through the same thing, your post saved my life....

[Edited at 2020-04-13 23:26 GMT]

Laurela Bruka
Laurela Bruka  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
Always check email domain Apr 13, 2020

In my experience all companies who are serios and professional have a website and an email domain. I usually ignore job offers from [email protected]

[Edited at 2020-04-13 23:45 GMT]

Muhammad Bilal
Muhammad Bilal
United States
English
Appreciate the Help... Apr 14, 2020

It's awesome what you guys are doing over here, let me know if any I can contribute to any of your problems.

[Edited at 2020-04-14 00:51 GMT]

Maria Vicentini
Maria Vicentini
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Alert: new scam from Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Jun 6, 2022

I received an email today offering a job:
Translator/Interpreter(Interview Invitation)
COMPANY: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Position: Translator And Interpreter.
Job Type: Part-Time, F-Time (Freelancer).
Hourly Rate: $50/hour.
Training Rate: $25/hour.
Payment will be made via Direct Deposit or Check.

Telegram will be used for the purpose of the interview. If interested, follow the steps below to schedule
... See more
Translator/Interpreter(Interview Invitation)
COMPANY: Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
Position: Translator And Interpreter.
Hourly Rate: $50/hour.
Training Rate: $25/hour.

Telegram will be used for the purpose of the interview. If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
Kindly have Telegram downloaded on any of your devices (either Laptop or both Phone) and add up the Hr. Coordinator (@Margaret_hrcoordinator) and instant message her with her screen name to proceed with the job interview process.
Interview Scheduled: Monday - Saturday
Venue: Online Via Telegram
Time: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM EST (Flexible)
Training is available..

Your verification code is (INT_xxxx xxxx). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND COMPANY BRIEFINGS WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE HR COORDINATOR VIA TELEGRAM.

Regards From, [email protected]

[Edited at 2022-06-06 23:07 GMT]
Collapse

Abdulbary Hreiz

conejo
conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Japanese to English
+ ...
I received this Otsuka-Europe scam 3 times so far Jul 28, 2023

May 2023: I got 2 identical emails that seemed bogus for many reasons (see email text below).
July 2023: I got an email that was identical except for the sentence: "You've been assigned to Mr. Harry Benjamin(HR Coordinator) at
Otsuka-Europe."

I am tired of scammers. It's not like there aren't enough problems in the world already.

--------------------
From different email addresses, but the Joel HR Coordinator (gmail email address) was listed as CC.
... See more
May 2023: I got 2 identical emails that seemed bogus for many reasons (see email text below).
July 2023: I got an email that was identical except for the sentence: "You've been assigned to Mr. Harry Benjamin(HR Coordinator) at
Otsuka-Europe."

I am tired of scammers. It's not like there aren't enough problems in the world already.

--------------------
From different email addresses, but the Joel HR Coordinator (gmail email address) was listed as CC.
JOB INVITATION, JAPANESE FREELANCE TRANSLATOR/INTERPRETER JOB OFFER.

Dear Potential Employee,

Hope this finds you well!
I am John Kraus from Otsuka-Europe. I'm contacting you about your listing (contact information) published online, reviewed, and approved for the position of Remote Freelance Translation/Interpretation position for (USD) $50/HR by the company HR Department via The American Translators Association-ATA.
You've been assigned to Mrs. Debra Barrett(HR Coordinator) at Otsuka-Europe. She would be conducting an online interview with you.

COMPANY: Otsuka-Europe.
Job Name: Remote Japanese Translator/Interpreter.
Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time (Freelancer).
Hourly Rate: $50/Hour
Training Rate: $25/Hour.

Telegram will be used for the purpose of the interview. If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:

Please indicate your interest in an interview by reaching Mrs Debra Barrett on Telegram using this link (__________) or Kindly have Telegram downloaded on any of your devices (either Laptop or Phone) and add up the Hr. Coordinator (@debra_barrett) and instant message her with her screen name to proceed with the job interview process.

Interview Scheduled: Mondays - Saturdays
Venue: Online Via Telegram
Time: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM EST (Flexible)
Training is available.

Your verification code is (Pharma_TRA_______). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

NOTE: JOB DESCRIPTIONS AND COMPANY BRIEFINGS WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE HR COORDINATOR VIA TELEGRAM.

Regards From,
John Kraus,
Copyright © 2023 Otsuka-Europe.

[Edited at 2023-07-28 05:24 GMT]
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
Barbara Carrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:54
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
Scammers and the real company Jul 28, 2023

This Joel HR Coordinator's email is listed in the Translator Scammers Directory,

https://translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-emails.htm

There may be others in there, so go through the alphabetical list to check them out.

Has any of you contacted Otsuka to warn them? Here's a (general) link for you to further investigate,
<
... See more
This Joel HR Coordinator's email is listed in the Translator Scammers Directory,

https://translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-emails.htm

There may be others in there, so go through the alphabetical list to check them out.

Has any of you contacted Otsuka to warn them? Here's a (general) link for you to further investigate,
https://www.otsuka-europe.com/our-locations
Collapse

writeaway

Allyson Sigman
Allyson Sigman
United States
Member (2018)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Called Otsuka Europe to confirm this is a scam Aug 9, 2023

I was close to signing the paperwork, but the letterhead was super suspicious looking and unprofessional. I called Otsuka Europe and they do not use Telegram in their work and could not identify the person that I was corresponding with. I warned them that someone was using their name to hire interpreters under false pretenses. When I told the "HR person" who I was talking to that this was a scam, his picture immediately disappeared and status changed to "last seen a long time ago." Very strange.... See more
I was close to signing the paperwork, but the letterhead was super suspicious looking and unprofessional. I called Otsuka Europe and they do not use Telegram in their work and could not identify the person that I was corresponding with. I warned them that someone was using their name to hire interpreters under false pretenses. When I told the "HR person" who I was talking to that this was a scam, his picture immediately disappeared and status changed to "last seen a long time ago." Very strange. Please be careful. I did give them some personal information.Collapse

Osama Hayek

Maher Souilah
Maher Souilah
Tunisia
Local time: 14:54
English to Arabic
+ ...
They contacted me via [email protected] Oct 8, 2023

From this email, it seemed to me so legit. I signed an NDA. Then they told me to contact this person for an interview (Skype ID: live:.cid.4b78123c6a9177eb) or His name (Jonathan Carlos).
This latter asked for $550, as fees for installing some tracking software!!! And of course "I showed them the middle finger".

Liviu-Lee Roth

Abraham Abukar
Abraham Abukar  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Somali
+ ...
Fro: Otsuka Europe <[email protected]> RE: Remote Language Interpreter/Translator Job Available Oct 19, 2023

The below email is what I received this morning.
I knew right way that it is scam. Stay vigilant.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Translator,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for the position of translator for Otsuka Europe. We aim to innovate with integrity and are committed to conducting business ethically and in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries where we operate.

We rec
... See more
The below email is what I received this morning.
I knew right way that it is scam. Stay vigilant.

-------------------------------------------

Dear Translator,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for the position of translator for Otsuka Europe. We aim to innovate with integrity and are committed to conducting business ethically and in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries where we operate.

We received your contact details from the North Dakota Supreme Court.

As a translator, you will be responsible for converting information from one language into another language, using your knowledge of multiple languages and cultures. You will also assist the company with written and/or oral communication as needed, and submit translation or interpretation services to appropriate management for review as needed.

The position is a work from home opportunity, with flexible working hours of 30 hours weekly. The pay is $80 per hour, and you will also be paid for training, which is $40 per hour. The training will cover the company’s policies, procedures, and specialized terminology, as well as the expectations and standards for quality and accuracy of your work.

To accept this offer, please follow the steps below to schedule a time for your interview session with one of our hiring managers:

1. Setup a Skype Account.

2. Add Mr. Kelvin via Skype with any of the details provided below:
(Skype ID: live:.cid.8e60998fa4eeaee4) or His name (Kelvin Justus)

3. Send your resume to Mr. Kelvin Justus after contacting him via Skype, he will confirm his availability schedule and provide you with all necessary details for the online interview.

The hiring process will consist of the following steps:

• A screening of your resume and cover letter by our recruitment team.

• A language proficiency test in your language pairs which will be reviewed by our senior translators or interpreters.

• A behavioral interview with our hiring manager, where you will be asked about your background, skills, motivation, and fit for the role.

We are excited to have you join our team and look forward to working with you. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at [[email protected]].

Sincerely,
Clair Milner
Senior Director HR & L&D Europe - Otsuka Pharmaceutical Companies Europe.
Collapse

saenzmurillo
saenzmurillo
United States
Spanish to Simple English
Possible scam? Dec 19, 2023

Remote Translator/Interpreter(Interview Invitation)
COMPANY: Terumu Corporation
Position: RemoteTranslator and/or Interpreter.
Hourly Rate: $80/hour.
Training Rate: $40/hour.

Has anyone received anything from this "company"?

Thank you!

Petra Junge

Eva Balsach-Rizo
Eva Balsach-Rizo  Identity Verified
English to Catalan
+ ...
Scam from "Terumo Corporation" Jan 9

I received a very similar email to those you are all sharing. I started a chat on Telegram to ask where they had found me, as there was no mention to Linkedin or Proz, etc., and they said through ATA. BUT he did not sound (or rather "read") like a professional human at all and it felt completely AI automated. I have blocked this person from my email and Telegram, and I urge you to do the same before providing any personal information. Thank you all for sharing these scams!

Here's th
... See more
I received a very similar email to those you are all sharing. I started a chat on Telegram to ask where they had found me, as there was no mention to Linkedin or Proz, etc., and they said through ATA. BUT he did not sound (or rather "read") like a professional human at all and it felt completely AI automated. I have blocked this person from my email and Telegram, and I urge you to do the same before providing any personal information. Thank you all for sharing these scams!

Here's the email I received:

Hello,

I hope this finds you well.

This is Kankou Tata DIABY from Terumo Corporation. Terumo is a global medical device company originating from Japan. We pursue reliable quality and technology to contribute to healthcare in more than 160 countries and regions around the globe. At Terumo, we reduce patients’ difficulties both mentally and physically, while delivering solutions that help solve various issues in medical settings. We promise to walk alongside healthcare professionals to continue to make great contribution to society, now and into the future.

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for the position of a Remote Interpreter/Translator for Terumo Corporation. We aim to innovate with integrity and are committed to conducting business ethically and in compliance with the laws and regulations of the countries where we operate.

The position is a work from home opportunity, with flexible working hours of 30 hours weekly. The pay is $80 per hour, and you will also be paid for training, which is $40 per hour. The training will cover the company’s policies, procedures, and specialized terminology, as well as the expectations and standards for quality and accuracy of your work.

To accept this offer, please follow the steps below to schedule a time for your interview session with one of our hiring managers:

1. Setup a Telegram Account.

2. Add Mr. Kelvin via Telegram with any of the details provided below:
(Telegram ID: @Hr_Kelvin_Justus) or you can scan the QR code attached below.

3. Send your resume to Mr. Kelvin Justus after contacting him via Telegram, he will confirm his availability schedule and provide you with all necessary details for the online interview.

The hiring process will consist of the following steps:

• A screening of your resume and cover letter by our recruitment team.

• A behavioral interview with our hiring manager, where you will be asked about your background, skills, motivation, and fit for the role.

We are excited to have you join our team and look forward to working with you. Your verification code is (TECO_11011). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process.

Sincerely,
Kankou Tata DIABY,
Terumo Corporation.
Collapse

Recep Kurt
Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 16:54
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
E-mail addresses can be spoofed Jan 12

Maher Souilah wrote:

From this email, it seemed to me so legit.

Addresses can be spoofed, so always click on the "reply" button of your e-mail app/program and take a look at the address it shows you.

Dan Lucas
Zea_Mays

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:54
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It's going on... Mar 7

I have just received a very similar email from “Terumo”, only this time is signed by a “Jana Mulroy”, who has a LinkedIn profile with a note saying “My name is being used fraudulently. Please verify my identity before you accept offers/give personal information”…

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New scam from "WOCKHARDT" pharma company

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »