Netherlands
Local time: 23:15
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
It is, and it isn't May 21, 2019

Natalie wrote:
Richard Levy wrote:
Although I did not find the firm in Blue Board...

Please look once again - for the name written as a single word.

Instead of saying "look again", why not just tell us the URL, as Chris did? The agency does not turn up when I search the Blue Board (even if I "look again", as you suggest), but when I visit the URL that Chris gave, I see it (and I don't understand why it doesn't show up in the search, since the record was added in February this year already).

no minds blue board

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Which search function do you use? May 21, 2019

The Blue Board search is here:
https://www.proz.com/?sp=bb

Enter "minds" in the "Search term (optional)" field and leave other fields empty.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Natalie May 21, 2019

Natalie wrote:
Enter "minds" in the "Search term (optional)" field and leave other fields empty.

Yup, that's the URL I visited. There is no field called "Search term (optional)" or any other fields. There is only one search field, and it is called "Search the ProZ.com Blue Board" (screenshot below).

blue board search

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
Operating system and browser May 22, 2019

Natalie wrote:

I remember the times when Blue Board was looking like that. I think I still was on XP, with IE7.

Indeed, the OS and browser versions can influence the user experience, but that is less likely as far as the presented results of a database query are concerned.

Fortunately, Google search does work as expected.

Hameran Harun
Hameran Harun  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 06:15
English to Malay
+ ...
Some good progress... May 28, 2019

Hi all,

This is to update to my earlier posting about Translation Minds and David Stewart.

Apparently, he is not that bad at all, and he followed this discussion closely.

Last week he has paid partially, USD998 out of USD2650.

He still responded to my email. He told me that he has some issues and he promised to pay me this week the remaining balance.

I think he will keep his promise.

...will update again.

Hameran Harun wrote:

I completed doing the 44000 words with this guy last Apr 9. Payment supposed to be May 9, but he delayed till last week. He made a promise himself.

I didn't know about this scam or whatever, as I didn't suspect anything at the beginning. Only after I didn't receive payment as promised, then I started to google about him, and BINGO!

I even gave him one link telling about someone complaining about him; https://www.translationdirectory.com/forum/messages/?7750

and I started getting nervous that he also did the same for me. I did not provide the Proz link. He just rubbished the claim, clarifying only one idiot having non-stop argument about this and that. He emphasized that payment will be made last week but he didn't.

After I sent several emails, and threatened him that I will tell the world then he replied saying my bank information is incomplete and I just rubbished his claim, telling I am giving the same info for the past 18 years and I have no problem receiving the payment from any countries.

To be continued. The drama still on going.

Can anyone help as the amount is big, USD2,650.

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
Local time: 22:15
French to English
+ ...
Has he kept his promise of making the remaining payment? Jun 5, 2019

Harum,

You have only been paid just over one-third of the full payment and not even half of it. I do not think any character plaudits are really necessary at this point.

As your last posting was one week ago, please can you update on here accordingly if full payment has now been made.

Regards,

Chris

Kay Denney

Valerie Zwart
Valerie Zwart
United Kingdom
Member (2018)
Dutch to English
+ ...
contact details for Translation Minds Jun 7, 2019

Thanks to everyone for posting.

Not sure of what exactly is going on for me yet as regards my overdue payments, but for anyone else, the following details were provided to me by David Stewart:

Translation Minds Consulting Limited
CRN: 11880327
Third Floor, 207 Regent Street
London, W1B 3HH
United Kingdom
+442032391400

Wojciech Suchomski
Wojciech Suchomski
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
My story Jun 10, 2019

I was contacted by David Stewart on 3rd May for a small 550 words job for the next day (yes, for Saturday). David said it was urgent, so I sent my translation as soon I could. After sending it I realised I should have sent my invoice but had no Translation Minds' address. I tried to google it and that was how I came across this Proz thread. Anyway I emailed them my invoice without a company address.
I said to my wife: "He gave me a bait and if he is a smart scammer, now he should send me
... See more
I was contacted by David Stewart on 3rd May for a small 550 words job for the next day (yes, for Saturday). David said it was urgent, so I sent my translation as soon I could. After sending it I realised I should have sent my invoice but had no Translation Minds' address. I tried to google it and that was how I came across this Proz thread. Anyway I emailed them my invoice without a company address.
I said to my wife: "He gave me a bait and if he is a smart scammer, now he should send me a bigger job". Few days later I got an email from Translation Minds asking to translate 8000 words. I said I am not available and in fact I was very busy.
On the 7th of June he had another job but I said I won't do it since I wasn't paid for the previous job. He sent the payment straight away to my PayPal account and insisted I take this another project. I refused politely knowing what I know.
So, eventually I was paid, but a bit later than agreed and only because David Stewart was hoping I would take another job.
David, or Дима, whatever your name is, I know you are reading this post. The translators claim you didn't pay them. The reputation is all we have got in this business, really, and if your reputation is bad, translators would not like to work with you. What are you going to do to regain our trust?
Collapse

Alison Turner

Valerie Zwart
Valerie Zwart
United Kingdom
Member (2018)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Contacted ProZ and this is what we need to do about David Stewart Jun 11, 2019

This is ProZ's policy. Let's complain formally so no one else has translation work stolen from them.

"This site serves as a place for language companies and language service providers to meet and engage in good-faith transactions. Use of the site in a dishonest or fraudulent manner will result in termination of site use and associated privileges. The staff of ProZ.com, the company providing the technology for this site, has established the following policy for the termination of of
... See more
This is ProZ's policy. Let's complain formally so no one else has translation work stolen from them.

"This site serves as a place for language companies and language service providers to meet and engage in good-faith transactions. Use of the site in a dishonest or fraudulent manner will result in termination of site use and associated privileges. The staff of ProZ.com, the company providing the technology for this site, has established the following policy for the termination of offending outsourcers:

If a total of two complaints regarding a single outsourcer have been received from unrelated sources, a warning will be issued to the outsourcer. The warning will serve as notification to the suspected party that its privileges are in jeopardy. The outsourcer's access to job posting and profile messaging may be suspended as a precaution until all non-payment issues have been resolved.

****** "Upon receipt of a third complaint, the issue will be brought to ProZ.com staff for review. At its sole discretion, ProZ.com staff may then choose to suspend or revoke the outsourcer's right to use ProZ.com." ******
Collapse

Stela KP
Stela KP
United States
Local time: 18:15
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Same experience Jun 20, 2019

Hi,

It is time to join you. My journey with Translation Minds started last year in November when I was contacted by David Stewart. As I was aware of scamming I asked 50% advanced payment for the translation task and he paid immediately. The rest of the payment was made with a small delay. Later I have received several big and small projects with the same client (an Italian manufacturer of machines) and they were paid again after several emails. But it seems in April I received the
... See more
Hi,

It is time to join you. My journey with Translation Minds started last year in November when I was contacted by David Stewart. As I was aware of scamming I asked 50% advanced payment for the translation task and he paid immediately. The rest of the payment was made with a small delay. Later I have received several big and small projects with the same client (an Italian manufacturer of machines) and they were paid again after several emails. But it seems in April I received the last big and final projects from the client that David is now willing to pay. Total amount due: $1625.

Please let me know how can I report him to proz.com
I am also going to contact whoever may be concerned in order to find him and made him pay everyone.

Regards,
Stela
Collapse

Alison Turner

Stela KP
Stela KP
United States
Local time: 18:15
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Translation Minds address Jun 20, 2019

From my paypal account:

TranslationMinds
Blijnii Hutor
Slobodzia
Moldova

I will contact officials in Moldova.

Alison Turner
Alison Turner
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
unpaid invoices Jun 21, 2019

I am also still awaiting payment for work done this spring and emails are now being ignored.
Alison

Alison Turner
Alison Turner
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Update on unpaid invoices Jun 24, 2019

Update: further to my last post on unpaid invoices from Translation Minds, after sending several invoices I was eventually paid.

Chris Hall
Chris Hall
French to English
+ ...
http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-notes.htm Jul 2, 2019

All the information that you need to know courtesy of TRANSLATOR SCAMMERS DIRECTORY:

Translation Minds Ltd / Translation Minds Consulting Limited / translationminds.com / [email protected]
Domain created: 26 DEC 2017
No address (except a fake postal code: SW1W 0HQ) / Phone: +44 20 3239 1400 (usually not answered)
Real address: Blijnii Hutor Slobodzia 5712 Moldova
Website copy plagiarized f
... See more
All the information that you need to know courtesy of TRANSLATOR SCAMMERS DIRECTORY:

Translation Minds Ltd / Translation Minds Consulting Limited / translationminds.com / [email protected]
Domain created: 26 DEC 2017
No address (except a fake postal code: SW1W 0HQ) / Phone: +44 20 3239 1400 (usually not answered)
Real address: Blijnii Hutor Slobodzia 5712 Moldova
Website copy plagiarized from Translation Desk (see above)
Ghosts associated:
Anna Hesterberg / Business Development Lead / [email protected] / ProZ profile: 2550619
David Stewart / [email protected]
Dmitri Belan (resident in Moldova), listed as Director of Translation Minds Consulting Limited (incorporated 13 March 2019, no. 11880327) at the Companies House website
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 17:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Valery, check this out: Jul 2, 2019

London, W1B 3HH

1. I looked up the address... Londoners will correct me if I'm wrong, but thinking about the rent at this location, I'd guess that we are talking about the richest translation company in the galaxy.

Another interesting detail:

TRANSLATION MINDS CONSULTING LIMITED

Companies House does not verify the accuracy of the information filed

... See more
London, W1B 3HH

1. I looked up the address... Londoners will correct me if I'm wrong, but thinking about the rent at this location, I'd guess that we are talking about the richest translation company in the galaxy.

Another interesting detail:

TRANSLATION MINDS CONSULTING LIMITED

Companies House does not verify the accuracy of the information filed

Company number 11880327

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11880327

Registered office address
Third Floor, 207 Regent Street, London, United Kingdom, W1B 3HH
Company status
Active
Company type
Private limited Company

*****Incorporated on
13 March 2019*****

Accounts
First accounts made up to 31 March 2020
due by 13 December 2020

Confirmation statement
First statement date 12 March 2020
due by 26 March 2020

Except for Mr. Bilan, there is a secretary...

The other company under the same name seems to be in existence for much longer. However, their address is nowhere to be found on the official site, and they do not specify for how long they have been in business.

Some shady story.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Minds Ltd disappeared after I delivered

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »