Thread poster: Jason Grimes
David Gómez
David Gómez  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:38
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
Default template Jan 24, 2019

Hi,

Although I've set as default a personalized template, when I create a new invoice it selects the default English template.

This problem wasn't happening before and I didn't change the configuration :-/

Steve Mayle

Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Quote Feb 21, 2019

It would be great if we could use the system to generate quotes, too. It could be virtually the same template, but instead of "payable by", the calendar could be used for a "to deliver by" field.

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Total of invoices marked paid [improvement] Mar 15, 2019

Hi,

As I wrote before, I am extremely pleased by the simplicity of the invoicing tool - even BacSS seems too complex to me .

However, there is one feature that I miss dearly: a display of the total of all marked invoices when using the function "Mark paid". Often, a customer will pay several invoices at once and it would be great to check that the total amount matches, other than using Windows calculator.
... See more
Hi,

As I wrote before, I am extremely pleased by the simplicity of the invoicing tool - even BacSS seems too complex to me .

However, there is one feature that I miss dearly: a display of the total of all marked invoices when using the function "Mark paid". Often, a customer will pay several invoices at once and it would be great to check that the total amount matches, other than using Windows calculator.

Philippe
Collapse

Javier Moreno Pollarolo
Javier Moreno Pollarolo
United States
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
CSV/excel import feature. Mar 21, 2019

It'd be great if we could import CSV files into the invoice so it can "populate" files automatically!

Jenny Garcia
CatPeople

Julia Burgess
Julia Burgess  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:38
German to English
Is e-invoicing supported in the ProZ invoicing tool? Mar 25, 2019

A theoretical question for me at present as I don't work with any public authorities in the EU (or elsewhere), but one that will already be relevant for colleagues working B2B in Italy, etc.: do invoices produced and issued using the ProZ invoicing tool meet e-invoicing requirements? If not, are there plans to make this possible? Apparently, simple PDFs aren't sufficient as they aren't 'structured' so can't be exported and imported automatically.

Since this level of increased digita
... See more
A theoretical question for me at present as I don't work with any public authorities in the EU (or elsewhere), but one that will already be relevant for colleagues working B2B in Italy, etc.: do invoices produced and issued using the ProZ invoicing tool meet e-invoicing requirements? If not, are there plans to make this possible? Apparently, simple PDFs aren't sufficient as they aren't 'structured' so can't be exported and imported automatically.

Since this level of increased digitalisation is likely to become the norm in the not-so-distant future, it will be important to many LSPs to be able to continue to rely on ProZ's invoicing tool, or it will become defunct.
Collapse

Jenny Garcia

Roy Kamp
Roy Kamp
Germany
Member (2009)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Insertion of a line for subtotal, to separate what has VAT and what does not have VAT Apr 12, 2019

Whenever I have an invoice that uses two different VATs, there is a problem that the VAT value is not shown near the invoice item. Whenever I have items with VAT and some without VAT, then a line for a subtotal is needed, in order to discern them and more easily calculate and check the VAT for the subtotal.
I understand that the invoice tool calculates the values correctly, but it is very hard to check if the values are correct, since there is no subtotal. I had to write two separate invoi
... See more
Whenever I have an invoice that uses two different VATs, there is a problem that the VAT value is not shown near the invoice item. Whenever I have items with VAT and some without VAT, then a line for a subtotal is needed, in order to discern them and more easily calculate and check the VAT for the subtotal.
I understand that the invoice tool calculates the values correctly, but it is very hard to check if the values are correct, since there is no subtotal. I had to write two separate invoices in order to make this clear to a client.

[Bearbeitet am 2019-04-12 08:12 GMT]
Collapse

Beatriz Ramírez de Haro

Philippe Noth
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Company logo broken ? May 7, 2019

Hi everyone,

Is it me or the company logo does not appear any more in the exported PDF file ?

Thanks for checking (I checked on my side by reuploading an image, it appears in the editor but not in the PDF).

Philippe

[Edited at 2019-05-07 05:30 GMT]

Anne Savaris

Bérangère Chevallier
Bérangère Chevallier
Spain
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Search section/backward button Jun 9, 2019

Hello!!

Would it be possible to have a search section where we can put partially the title of the invoice and still have results. For the time being, we have to put the exact name of the invoice which personnally I don't always have, so I have then to look up manually which represents a huge waste of time.

The other feature that doesn't work well is that when we click on the backward button from our browser, we can't go the previous page we were looking at, an error mes
... See more
Hello!!

Would it be possible to have a search section where we can put partially the title of the invoice and still have results. For the time being, we have to put the exact name of the invoice which personnally I don't always have, so I have then to look up manually which represents a huge waste of time.

The other feature that doesn't work well is that when we click on the backward button from our browser, we can't go the previous page we were looking at, an error message appears which makes us start all over again.

Thank you for helping us!
Collapse

Evelio Clavel Rosales
Anne Savaris

Margaret Sankey
Margaret Sankey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:38
Member (2013)
French to English
New version doesn't work at all for PDF Jun 28, 2019

The PDF invoice that I sent to a client was all messed up, and the same problem happened when downloading as a PDF. The text of the client name didn't all fit, and rather than having a break and continuing on the next line, it crammed everything on the right side, superimposed over other text. Even when I shortened the name, the same thing was happening. Also, no logo.
I switched back to the old version and got a legible invoice, but it was lacking my logo, which used to appear.

John Fry

Wolfram Weinberg, PhD
Wolfram Weinberg, PhD
United States
Local time: 16:38
Member (2018)
English to German
+ ...
outsourcer cancelled Proz account due Proz-Pay frustration Jun 28, 2019

terminating a promising work-relation

Steve Mayle
Steve Mayle  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2013)
Dutch to English
Same problem with defaults Jul 15, 2019

David Gómez wrote:

Hi,

Although I've set as default a personalized template, when I create a new invoice it selects the default English template.

This problem wasn't happening before and I didn't change the configuration :-/

This doesn't appear to have been resolved yet, which is a pity because I keep using the default English template by mistake and having to rewrite my drafts. Are there any plans to fix it?

I've been using the program for a couple of weeks now and apart from this problem it seems very good. They only other problem I'm having is the need to select the tax for each line of an invoice - something else that is easily overlooked. I'd prefer to be able to do this by client because essentially I use 21% Dutch BTW for most of my clients and none (reverse-charged) for the rest, and my invoices often contain at least 15 lines. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Clive Walker
Clive Walker  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:38
Member (2015)
German to English
+ ...
Logo disappears from my invoice when printed Aug 1, 2019

Hi,

I have a company logo (in the shape of a postage stamp) that appears in the top left of my invoice on Proz when I create the invoice and download it. However, when I export this same invoice to a .pdf and print it, the company logo is no longer there. This problem has been occurring consistently since the start of 2019, but did not occur before this year. The remainder of the invoice is fine. Any ideas why this might be happening?

I can see that other people have b
... See more
Hi,

I have a company logo (in the shape of a postage stamp) that appears in the top left of my invoice on Proz when I create the invoice and download it. However, when I export this same invoice to a .pdf and print it, the company logo is no longer there. This problem has been occurring consistently since the start of 2019, but did not occur before this year. The remainder of the invoice is fine. Any ideas why this might be happening?

I can see that other people have been having the same problem with the invoicing programme.
Collapse

Philippe Noth

Philippe Noth
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Disappearing logo Aug 24, 2019

Clive Walker wrote:

I can see that other people have been having the same problem with the invoicing programme.

Hi Clive,

I noticed that problem at the beginning of the year, took it easy and only wrote a message here in May. Since I had no reply, I submitted a support request, which was acknowledged but is still open.

As I can see from your own post, we have all been very patient with this issue. Too patient. I just added the feedback below to the unsolved issue and will monitor the progress closely in the coming weeks because I am not happy to have all my 2019 invoices showing a big blank space at the top of the page.

This major problem has appeared at the beginning of 2019, which means more than 8 monthes ago. It has been reported 3 monthes ago. It is very disappointing that nothing has been done in all that time except acknowledging the problem.

As a former computer engineer, I am 100 % certain that this cannot be such a complex issue. It is just a matter of rendering an image in a generated PDF. Thousands of websites do that correctly. If there is no solution in the coming weeks, I will escalate and complain whereever I can. This is not acceptable, which is a shame because I love the Proz platform.

I hope it helps.

Philippe

Peter Ross
Peter Ross  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 07:38
Thai to English
+ ...
Logo and Default Currency Aug 28, 2019

Thanks for an extremely useful tool. I've tried replacing it, but so far keep coming back to it.

LOGO

I endorse the request for the logo feature on the invoice to be corrected/enhanced.

My experience as reported in support requests is that the quality of the display is poor.

DEFAULT CURRENCY

I'd like to suggest entries for Clients include setting a default currency.

Anne Savaris
Anne Savaris  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 18:38
Member (2016)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
Automatic saving or confirmation pop-up Sep 8, 2019

Why not? It happened to me more than once: you fill in 30 numbered POs with respective job description, then you try to edit some information about the client and... you never see the information you've filled in that invoice again.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Improving the invoicing tool

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »