Canadá
Local time: 13:08
Miembro 2008
francés al inglés
+ ...
Rather make image display optional Jan 23

Dr. Matthias Schauen wrote:

Please disable image posting in WIWO

I know, images are probably good for SEO, but in the WIWO feed on the main page they just take up space without offering significant information and they disrupt the readability of the page.

Perhaps a better idea would be an option whether or not to display the images on one's own feed. Some of us use the WIWO feed widget on our own websites and including pictures adds to the effectiveness of the feed.

expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 18:08
Miembro 2015
inglés al portugués
+ ...
Strange... Jan 23

I have never used this feature before, but I entered my username (expressisverbis) and my real name (Sandra Flor) in "What translators are working on", and I have found I am a German-English translator without knowing it
How can the same website have two members with the same username/name?
I'm worried now! Can someone explain me this, please?

[Edited at 2020-01-23 22:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-01-23 22:5
... See more
I have never used this feature before, but I entered my username (expressisverbis) and my real name (Sandra Flor) in "What translators are working on", and I have found I am a German-English translator without knowing it

[Edited at 2020-01-23 22:59 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
PERSONAL DEL SITIO
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Images can be used precisely to draw attention to posts Jan 24

Hello Dr. Matthias,

While most WIWO posts don't include an image, as John correctly mentions, sometimes pictures add to the effectiveness of the feed, and the WIWO main page shouldn't be an exception. In fact, images are already re-sized to fit the feed width--they are even re-sized further in the new homepage.

Including images can be fun, but they can also be used to draw more attention to posts, especially from potential clients who use the service to see a clear reco
... See more
Hello Dr. Matthias,

While most WIWO posts don't include an image, as John correctly mentions, sometimes pictures add to the effectiveness of the feed, and the WIWO main page shouldn't be an exception. In fact, images are already re-sized to fit the feed width--they are even re-sized further in the new homepage.

Including images can be fun, but they can also be used to draw more attention to posts, especially from potential clients who use the service to see a clear record of the projects you have done.

So, for the time being, there are no planned adjustments to the way images appear in the main feed page. However, if changes are made, your suggestion will be considered. Thanks!

Lucia
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
PERSONAL DEL SITIO
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Only your profile shows up, expressisverbis Jan 24

Hi Sandra,

expressisverbis wrote:

Searching for both, your name and your username, in WIWO and in our internal records, only brings your profile back as a result (and while two users may have the same real name, usernames cannot be re-used). So, in order to look into this further --and avoid drifting from the posted topic-- please submit a support request with screenshots of what you see so that support staff can check. Thanks in advance!

Lucia

expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 18:08
Miembro 2015
inglés al portugués
+ ...
Many thanks. Jan 24

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

Hi Sandra,

expressisverbis wrote:

Searching for both, your name and your username, in WIWO and in our internal records, only brings your profile back as a result (and while two users may have the same real name, usernames cannot be re-used). So, in order to look into this further --and avoid drifting from the posted topic-- please submit a support request with screenshots of what you see so that support staff can check. Thanks in advance!

Lucia

Hi Lucia,
I already did it. Many thanks.
It would be very hard to find someone here with the same name as mine, I'm Portuguese and the other member is not.
I also find it strange regarding the username; it can't be re-used as you mention.
Thanks once again!

[Edited at 2020-01-24 15:06 GMT]

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Alemania
Local time: 19:08
Miembro 2007
inglés al alemán
Images Jan 24

Lucia, I see where you and John are coming from, but a) I stand with my earlier comment that the images disrupt the layout and readability of the main page for me and b) I do not see how the images usually posted in the feed add any effectiveness, except for them being images and as such possibly raising some PageRank measure.

I suggest to use John's idea to make image display in the feed optional. Do I need to post this separately?

The other solution for me is to dis
... See more
Lucia, I see where you and John are coming from, but a) I stand with my earlier comment that the images disrupt the layout and readability of the main page for me and b) I do not see how the images usually posted in the feed add any effectiveness, except for them being images and as such possibly raising some PageRank measure.

I suggest to use John's idea to make image display in the feed optional. Do I need to post this separately?

The other solution for me is to disable the feed on my main page. Which would not be a big loss for me: As you said, seeing this is mainly for fun, and if it's no more fun, I can just skip it.
Collapse

Sanjin Grandić  Identity Verified
Croacia
Local time: 19:08
Miembro Mar 2020
francés al croata
+ ...
To be used with moderation. Mar 30

This feature may be a powerful tool for self-promotion and there is nothing wrong with this. On the contrary. We all deserve credit for our work. The thing is not to EVER give any details about the specificities of the translations (when in doubt say NO) plus it is not a place to compete but to self-promote and a certain balance will have to be established, eventually.

[Edited at 2020-03-30 00:21 GMT]

Jennifer White
Alice Crisan

Argyro Alykatora  Identity Verified
Grecia
Local time: 20:08
Miembro 2009
inglés al griego
+ ...
Is there a way to extract this list or get this connected with our other websites? Jun 10

Hi guys,

I have not done a great deal of research for this feature but I was wondering if there is a way to extract this list of daily tasks to use in other websites or connect this feature with our other websites like LinkedIn? It would be more useful in that way I think!

Elena Feriani

Páginas sobre el tema:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing a new "What I am working on" feature

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Búsqueda de términos
  • Trabajos
  • Foros
  • Multiple search