Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 19:13
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Oct 21, 2016

I get a quick poll notification from the mobile app every day. Unfortunately, I cannot vote. The app keeps saying "Loading..." - and nothing changes, even after several hours.

This completely blocks the app. The loading cannot be aborted and no other function can be accessed.

Android 4.2.2

Screenshot

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Let's try with this... Oct 21, 2016

Hello Tomasz,

What you describe may be related to many possible issues, so let's try the following:

First, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the ProZ.com Mobile for Android app (version 1.3.4) by visiting the Google Play store, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proz. If the version you have is an older version, try uninstall
... See more
Hello Tomasz,

What you describe may be related to many possible issues, so let's try the following:

First, make sure you have the most up-to-date version of the ProZ.com Mobile for Android app (version 1.3.4) by visiting the Google Play store, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.proz. If the version you have is an older version, try uninstalling and re-installing the app, and then try loading the Quick poll again.

If you confirm that you have the latest version of the app installed, then try clearing the app's cache (Settings > Applications manager > ProZ.com Mobile > Clear cache) and try loading the day's Quick poll again.

If the problem persists, try connecting your device through Wi-Fi and let me know how that goes.

Thanks in advance!

Lu
Collapse

Tomasz Sienicki
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bug report: Quick polls in the mobile app Oct 21, 2016

Thank you for the reply.

The app is up to date (ver. 1.3.4).

I have now cleared the cache. Unfortunately it hasn't changed anything. Still "Loading...".

The phone is constantly connected to my Wi-Fi network.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
One more try Oct 21, 2016

Try with closing the app and removing it from the most recent apps list, and then open it again and try one more time.

If the problem persists, un-installing and re-installing the app may help. Clearing app data too.

I have been trying to reproduce the issue, but I am afraid I haven't been able to do so. I will keep looking for possible reasons and testing while you try the above. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Lu

Tomasz Sienicki
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution Oct 27, 2016

I have found out that restarting the phone resolves the issue -- but only for the current poll. The following day, when the new poll notification comes, I am again stuck with the never-ending "Loading"...

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks for letting me know, Tomasz Nov 16, 2016

Tomasz Sienicki wrote:

I have found out that restarting the phone resolves the issue -- but only for the current poll. The following day, when the new poll notification comes, I am again stuck with the never-ending "Loading"...

I'll check with app developers on this new detail that you provide to see if they can suggest a definite solution. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Lu

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
New app version published on October 31st Nov 22, 2016

Hi Tomasz,

Our app developer made me realize that a new version of the app was published after your last post on October 27th. This version was adjusted to contain the ability to dismiss the "Loading" progress bar. Would you mind testing it one more time and letting me know how it goes this time? Thanks!

Lu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug report: Quick polls in the mobile app

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »