I cannot access site creator
Thread poster: Dan Mackey (X)
Dan Mackey (X)
Dan Mackey (X)
United States
Local time: 09:32
Arabic to English
Feb 6, 2017

I just signed up as a Plus member. I read in the materials that I can create a site and PorZ would host it. When I attempt to navigate to the relevant page it says "Your access is restricted" and I am unable to do anything regarding building a website.

I put in a support request several days ago but have not heard back yet. Please help!

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Most likely outdated information Feb 6, 2017

Dan Mackey wrote:

I just signed up as a Plus member. I read in the materials that I can create a site and PorZ would host it. When I attempt to navigate to the relevant page it says "Your access is restricted" and I am unable to do anything regarding building a website.

I put in a support request several days ago but have not heard back yet. Please help!

Hi Dan,

I am not a user of this proz.com site hosting so I just did some looking around. Did you check the faqs? It looks like this is not offered anymore:

"Note: When ProZ.com hosting was first introduced, hosting services were much less accessible than they are today, and it was deemed a valuable service to extend to ProZ.com members. Currently, economical solutions of this kind which exceed the capacity of ProZ.com hosting exist through many third-party providers.

For this reason, as of August 2015 the ProZ.com hosting service has been suspended. Full members who already had hosting accounts through ProZ.com may maintain their existing accounts, but no new accounts are being created."
http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting

Where did you submit your support request. Proz.com is usually pretty good at getting back in a few days.

PS: It is possible to customize your profile page on proz.com and some people make a lot of work out of that. Personally I just have my own website hosted.

[Edited at 2017-02-06 17:03 GMT]

Dan Mackey (X)
Dan Mackey (X)
United States
Arabic to English
TOPIC STARTER
Got it. Thanks! Feb 8, 2017

Thanks for your reply! I ended up creating a website independently. If you're curious, it's www.dmvarabictranslation.com

See you around!

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cannot access site creator

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »