Thread poster: William Pairman
William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:31
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Jan 26, 2017

Been down two and a half hours now, any idea when this will be solved?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2017-01-26 12:55 GMT]

Rebecca Hendry
Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:31
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me too Jan 26, 2017

Mine's down too. I submitted a support request and have been told that Proz.com staff are working to resolve it, but no further news yet. That was over 2 hours ago.

Could we please have an update, Proz?

[Edited at 2017-01-26 11:37 GMT]

Yana Dovgopol
Yana Dovgopol
Local time: 17:31
SITE STAFF
Our systems administrator is working to have this solved Jan 26, 2017

Dear members,

Our systems administrator is still working to have this solved. The service should be back in 30 minutes approximately.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Yana

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:31
SITE FOUNDER
Data center is down Jan 26, 2017

The line to one of our data centers (provided by Level 3 communications) is down. It has been down for over seven hours. We are in constant communication with them about the issue but they seem uncertain about when this will be resolved. We are now starting to try workarounds to restore service from alternative locations. We will restore hosting as soon as we possibly can.

Italian Linguist (X)
Italian Linguist (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
5 hours?! Jan 26, 2017

5 hrs with no hosting is far from being acceptable.

[Edited at 2017-01-26 13:51 GMT]

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Dutch
+ ...
Have to agree... Jan 26, 2017

ItalianLinguist wrote:

...especially since this is happening during business hours here in Europe. By the time ProZ manages to create a workaround, my working day is over.

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
100% agree with you both Jan 26, 2017

vixen wrote:

ItalianLinguist wrote:

...especially since this is happening during business hours here in Europe. By the time ProZ manages to create a workaround, my working day is over.

Translators may be asked to offer a discount if we miss a deadline, will we be offered anything to compensate for the loss of work due to our email being down?

[Edited at 2017-01-26 15:26 GMT]

Italian Linguist (X)
Italian Linguist (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Oh, yes... Jan 26, 2017

vixen wrote:

ItalianLinguist wrote:

... I am in the same boat & my patience has gone.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Very frustrating Jan 26, 2017

Trust me, it is very frustrating for us as well and we are doing everything we can to come up with a workaround. Our host, a major company supposedly with multiple levels of redundancy, is flat-out down. We are trying to get the hosting boxes to another of our data centers.

I apologize for not having another layer of redundancy on our side.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Hosting is up Jan 26, 2017

Hello all,

I was just informed that the hosting service is up and that things should be back to normal within half an hour or so.

I will post back here with further details as soon as I have them. In the meantime, thanks for your patience.

Lucia

vixen
vixen  Identity Verified
Greece
English to Dutch
+ ...
First e-mails came in Jan 26, 2017

I have just received (a small batch of) e-mails. As I write this, more e-mails are coming in...

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Back up Jan 26, 2017

Thanks, Lu. Yes, all services are in the process of being restored.

From our host:

"A fiber relocation was completed in Rochester, NY as part of a road construction project. All splicing was completed, but reports of continuing impact were received. Currently, the IP NOC, Transport NOC, and Field Services are troubleshooting this issue. Field Services are onsite in Syracuse, NY performing tests with the NOC groups trying to isolate the trouble. Port and interfaces are
... See more
Thanks, Lu. Yes, all services are in the process of being restored.

From our host:

"A fiber relocation was completed in Rochester, NY as part of a road construction project. All splicing was completed, but reports of continuing impact were received. Currently, the IP NOC, Transport NOC, and Field Services are troubleshooting this issue. Field Services are onsite in Syracuse, NY performing tests with the NOC groups trying to isolate the trouble. Port and interfaces are being reviewed and the relationship between current impacts and the fiber relocation impacts are being evaluated. NOC managers have been engaged and are actively involved in advancing this case."

and then...

"The IP NOC identified a router down along the path in Syracuse, NY. The router was remotely rebooted, which is believed to have restored services. The Technical Service Center is working to confirm restoral while additional evaluation of the fiber relocation work is being completed to ensure no further issues are present."

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, our members with ProZ.com hosting.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hosting down 26/01 (Staff: fixed)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »