Unacceptably slow support
Thread poster: Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov
Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:55
English to Russian
Mar 9, 2016

My Proz email and control panel unaccessible for 36 hrs. Support assigned my ticket request only 24 hrs after my request was submitted. By now no response and no results.

I also submitted a complaint about inadequacy of WEB term search last October. Support said they had referred it to developers and promised to fix it. It did not happen.

William Pairman
William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:55
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Exactly the same problem... Apr 15, 2016

"My Proz email and control panel unaccessible for 36 hrs. Support assigned my ticket request only 24 hrs after my request was submitted. By now no response and no results."

Coming up for 48 hours for me now. Lost two jobs and god knows how many emails. I was thanked for my patience after 3 hours, since then nothing.

Apalling

TechStyle
TechStyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:55
Email problems Apr 15, 2016

Email is a difficult service to provide reliably (with web sites, you can just set up multiple copies: mine is on two separate servers, so as long as one of them is working, the site is still available to everyone) - Gmail do a fairly good job for free, Fastmail do an excellent job quite cheaply. (Yes, it costs money, but they take reliability really seriously: all the mail replicated across multiple sets of servers, bought from different manufacturers, running different operating systems, in di... See more
Email is a difficult service to provide reliably (with web sites, you can just set up multiple copies: mine is on two separate servers, so as long as one of them is working, the site is still available to everyone) - Gmail do a fairly good job for free, Fastmail do an excellent job quite cheaply. (Yes, it costs money, but they take reliability really seriously: all the mail replicated across multiple sets of servers, bought from different manufacturers, running different operating systems, in different buildings in NYC - with backup systems in Amsterdam and LA to keep things going if both NYC sites are affected by anything.)

Once you regain access, you might find it useful to set up an auto-forward rule, to send a copy of all new mail off to something like a Gmail account. That way, if the Proz webmail is offline again, you still have Gmail's copy, so you can access everything that way instead. (Also, if you were expecting an urgent email from a client, you can just let them know "ProZ is ill, please copy anything urgent to blah @gmail.com in the mean time").

[Edited at 2016-04-15 10:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unacceptably slow support

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »