Thread poster: Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:48
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2020

In the directory, I discovered (clicking the button "Contact") that you can see when a translator has visited the site last time.
Let's suppose I don't like, for whatever reason, people to know when my last visit was.
As I saw also "last visit to ProZ not available", there must be a way to set this, but I did'nt find anything.

Philippe Etienne

Alison MacG
Alison MacG  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:48
German to English
+ ...
Edit instant messenger settings Aug 12, 2020

This should be what you are looking for. It works for me.

3.7 - Can I control the online status shown in my profile? [Direct link]

Yes. If you don't want your online status to show (via the P icon at the top of your profile page), you can choose to hide it from this page. You can also add, delete or hide other instant messaging icons in your profile. Remember that showing your online status can be a useful way of letting people you work with know you are available via
... See more

Yes. If you don't want your online status to show (via the P icon at the top of your profile page), you can choose to hide it from this page. You can also add, delete or hide other instant messaging icons in your profile. Remember that showing your online status can be a useful way of letting people you work with know you are available via profile mail or ProZ.com Instant Messaging
https://www.proz.com/faq/4234#4234

Clicking on the this page link in the paragraph above takes you to the following:

Edit instant messenger settings
Use this page to enter your instant messenger nicknames / ids
ProZ.com Online Status Show
Proz.com Online Status Hide
Collapse

Philippe Etienne

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:48
Portuguese to English
+ ...
No P Aug 12, 2020

I don't seem to have a P icon at the top of my profile page. Why?

Beatriz Ramírez de Haro
Beatriz Ramírez de Haro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi Paul Aug 12, 2020

You will find it in the drop-down menu under "More actions".

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but this is not what I look for Aug 26, 2020

Alison MacG wrote:

Yes. If you don't want your online status to show (via the P icon at the top of your profile page), you can choose to hide it from this page. You can also add, delete or hide other instant messaging icons in your profile. Remember that showing your online status can be a useful way of letting people you work with know you are available via profile mail or ProZ.com Instant Messaging
https://www.proz.com/faq/4234#4234

Clicking on the this page link in the paragraph above takes you to the following:

Edit instant messenger settings
Use this page to enter your instant messenger nicknames / ids
ProZ.com Online Status Show
Proz.com Online Status Hide

This is for showing or hiding your online status - someone wants to contact you via instant messenger and make sure you are online, for example. What I was referring to is the PAST activity (= when did you visit ProZ last time?).

[Bearbeitet am 2020-08-26 10:09 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Last visit to ProZ

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »