How do I find a particular translator
Thread poster: Armorel Young
Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:29
German to English
Sep 27, 2017

Can someone tell me how I find a particular translator by name with a view to contacting them? There used to be an obvious "search by name" function but now I can't find anything of that sort in the "translators and interpretors" directory. No doubt I'm missing something very obvious, but quite a long period of searchhing hasn't found what I'm looking for.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:29
English to Italian
Try this Sep 27, 2017

Jobs & directories > More > Search by name

But I agree it seems kind of "hidden away", and perhaps a more prominent position (or integration with the directory search) would be more useful.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:29
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
A picture is worth many words :-) Sep 27, 2017

Thanks Mirko! Hi Armorel!

Search by name

Moving less frequently used functions to a secondary box usually means a better navigation of a site.
Unfortunately, it represents an extra effort the first time you look for a feature that has been moved to a new place.

Regards,
Enrique

Carola Schomburg

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 27, 2017

Thanks - I've got it now. It is indeed rather hidden, since logically it definitely ought to be under "translators and interpreters" (and as far as I'm concerned it isn't a "less frequently used function").

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
There are more efficient ways Sep 27, 2017

I find that search to be very poor. If you put the name of the person into a Google search, along with the term "ProZ", you're more likely to find what you're looking for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I find a particular translator

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »