Is the "proz.translationcenter.org" legit?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 10:35
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 5, 2014

Hello

I received an "invitation" to join http://proz.translationcenter.org/ and to log in using my ProZ.com username and password. Is this thing part of ProZ.com? Is it safe to use my ProZ.com login name there?

Thamks
Samuel

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:35
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Yes, it is. May 5, 2014

Hello Samuel,

This is the platform created and powered by ProZ.com that has enabled Translators without Borders donating over 17 million translated words to humanitarian organizations.

This particular instance is used for the localization of the ProZ.com content.

This platform is now available for commercial work and it is a new channel opened to help outsourcers provide more help to ProZ.com members.

Regards,
Enrique

Fernando Tognis
Fernando Tognis  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Problems in attemp to log in May 5, 2014

Hi.
After reading Samuel's post, I tried to log in at http://proz.translationcenter.org/ with my username and password but I couldn't. Is there a step or requirement I am missing?
Thanks.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...

I wanted to have a look and tried to log in with my Proz usersname and password, but no luck till sofar. Do I have to register again?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Impression that May 5, 2014

Robert Rietvelt wrote:
I wanted to have a look and tried to log in with my Proz usersname and password, but no luck till sofar.

Fernando Tognis wrote:
I tried to log in ... with my username and password but I couldn't. Is there a step or requirement I am missing?

Well, I was "invited". From the description I gather that I was "pre-qualified" somehow.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
The localization project at ProZ.com is using the translation center to manage the pending areas May 5, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello

I received an "invitation" to join http://proz.translationcenter.org/ and to log in using my ProZ.com username and password. Is this thing part of ProZ.com? Is it safe to use my ProZ.com login name there?

Thamks
Samuel

Hi Samuel,

The localization project at ProZ.com is using the translation center to manage the pending areas. This was announced in the private forums of each localization team. Since some localizers have not accessed the platform yet I am currently reseeding the invitations.

If you need assistance let me know.

Best regards,
Romina

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Instance for the localization team May 5, 2014

Fernando Tognis wrote:

Hi.
After reading Samuel's post, I tried to log in at http://proz.translationcenter.org/ with my username and password but I couldn't. Is there a step or requirement I am missing?
Thanks.

This instance is used by the ProZ.com localization team, so access is restricted to members of that team who received an invitation from Romina.

If you are interested in using the ProZ.com translation center to outsource work please submit a support request.

Regards,
Enrique

Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Same here May 5, 2014

Fernando Tognis wrote:

Hi.
Thanks.

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:35
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nothing was announced, I am afraid May 5, 2014

RominaZ wrote:

This was announced in the private forums of each localization team.

I am afraid it wasn't. I can neither see it on the Hungarian team's forum, nor on the Localization Team's Private Forum. On both forums, the last post was in 2012.

RominaZ
RominaZ  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
It was announced in the localization teams which have not completed the localization May 6, 2014

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

RominaZ wrote:

This was announced in the private forums of each localization team.

I am afraid it wasn't. I can neither see it on the Hungarian team's forum, nor on the Localization Team's Private Forum. On both forums, the last post was in 2012.

Hi Katalin,

It was announced in the private forums of the localization teams which have not completed the localization of all the areas available. As the Hungarian localization team completed the localization of the areas available the localization team members have not been invited to the translation center yet.

Best regards,
Romina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is the "proz.translationcenter.org" legit?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »