About BlueBoard: how come I get a specific company with very good LWA and banned from posting jobs?
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 11:40
English to French
Nov 1, 2013

Hello,

I have checked a company in the BlueBoard and I came upon this statement:

"This outsourcer has been banned from posting jobs at ProZ.com."

LWA's and comments from translators are very good since the past few years, and yet this company has been banned from Proz?

Could somebody help me understand if this is a reliable outsourcer or not?

Also the website of the company doesn't work...

Regards
... See more
Hello,

I have checked a company in the BlueBoard and I came upon this statement:

"This outsourcer has been banned from posting jobs at ProZ.com."

LWA's and comments from translators are very good since the past few years, and yet this company has been banned from Proz?

Could somebody help me understand if this is a reliable outsourcer or not?

Also the website of the company doesn't work...

Regards,

[Edited at 2013-11-01 17:08 GMT]
Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 11:40
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
website of this company does not work Nov 1, 2013

I do not know what criteria was used for the LWA entries; people use different criteria. But if the website of this company does not work, I would stay away from this company for obvious reasons: I would not trust them an inch. How are you going to get paid then? Obviously, it is not a serious outsourcer. Now it is up to you ultimatley

Tim Friese
Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:40
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Looks bad, but you never know. Nov 1, 2013

Josephine Cassar wrote:

I do not know what criteria was used for the LWA entries; people use different criteria. But if the website of this company does not work, I would stay away from this company for obvious reasons: I would not trust them an inch. How are you going to get paid then? Obviously, it is not a serious outsourcer. Now it is up to you ultimatley

I agree that these are bad signs. You could always request pre-payment. Alternatively, if it is a small job and you have time available right now, just take it - you might learn something in your field, and maybe the client will be reliable after all.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:40
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
A couple of obvious checks Nov 1, 2013

1) send a support ticket to ProZ.com staff asking exactly what the current status of this company is. It does sound a bit odd that there are no 1s against them, but maybe that's normal practice.

2) check the company records of the countr
... See more
1) send a support ticket to ProZ.com staff asking exactly what the current status of this company is. It does sound a bit odd that there are no 1s against them, but maybe that's normal practice.

2) check the company records of the country concerned. I know the UK site is http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/; the French one is either http://www.societe.com/ or https://www.infogreffe.fr/societes/ Many other countries have their records online, too.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About BlueBoard: how come I get a specific company with very good LWA and banned from posting jobs?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »