Thread poster: B D Finch
B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:04
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2020

I received an email from an agency that I don't want to bother me again. So, I clicked on the link for "Block profile messages from this sender:" and that took me to ProZ.com, with the following error message:

"Something went wrong...
Invalid or missing CSRF token. This can be caused by accidentally submitting the same form multiple times (ex. by clicking "reload"). It can also be caused by ad-blocking software, or by your browser if it is configured to disable cookies."
... See more
I received an email from an agency that I don't want to bother me again. So, I clicked on the link for "Block profile messages from this sender:" and that took me to ProZ.com, with the following error message:

"Something went wrong...
Invalid or missing CSRF token. This can be caused by accidentally submitting the same form multiple times (ex. by clicking "reload"). It can also be caused by ad-blocking software, or by your browser if it is configured to disable cookies."

I have cookies enabled and only clicked once on the link. My ad-blocking software is set to whitelist ProZ.com. So, I tried to access support. Unfortunately, clicking on "Support" took me to a "Help Centre" page that doesn't show any way of submitting a support request, it just gives links to FAQs, none of which seemed relevant. The page is also horribly bland and difficult to scan and navigate:

- Low contrast pale blue text on off-white background;
- A large photo that looks like a stock, airbrushed, bland waste of space photo from a picture library;
- No link to contact an actual person.

Is there no longer any real support? Is there no way to block a specific agency?
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:04
Danish to English
+ ...
Hidden in plain view Jan 24, 2020

The link to open a support ticket has been hidden in the middle of the photo:

Annotation 2020-01-24 165505

Very poor UI design. Who on earth looks for links in the middle of a photo?

I have no idea what that stock photo is doing. Don't they think translators can understand a support page without a huge photo of someone with a computer and a phone? Ridiculous.

Walter Landesman

B D Finch
B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:04
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OMG: there it is! Jan 24, 2020

Thanks Thomas. I read your post and accessed the support page again, but there was no link to raise a ticket in the photo. Then I scrolled down past what looked like the bottom of the page and yes, the photo was there again, this time with the link on it.

What an awful design! Please get rid of those silly photos and make everything visible without all that scrolling down!

Walter Landesman

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to raise a support ticket

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »