Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
May 30, 2017

I used to be logged in to proz.com for years, but since about two weeks every time I start up the computer I have to log in again. Is this a bug?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:13
Danish to English
+ ...
Cookies erased? May 30, 2017

It sounds as if your cookies may be erased often, or if your device is set not to accept cookies.

Another possibility is a corrupted cookie. You could try to erase all Proz cookies, then log in again.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I was looking for similar problems and now I found your post May 31, 2017

Today I got logged out 2 times without me logging out. There are websites where you get logged out automatically but proz was not such a site. Has this feature changed?
Cookies were deleted 2 times.

Katalin

[Edited at 2017-05-31 14:48 GMT]

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:13
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No problems here May 31, 2017

I doubt whether it's a general problem, as there has been so little reaction to this post. It certainly isn't one that's affecting me. I'm staying logged on on my desktop and my phone.

Katalin Szilárd
Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Not in the spotlight May 31, 2017

Sheila Wilson wrote:

I doubt whether it's a general problem, as there has been so little reaction to this post. It certainly isn't one that's affecting me. I'm staying logged on on my desktop and my phone.

Hi Sheila,

One of the reasons why there may be a little reaction to this post is because this section (Bugs) is not featured on the main site. Not even among recent forum topics/posts. Only those read this thread who are searching among this specific topic.

Best regards,
Katalin

[Edited at 2017-05-31 15:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Required to log in every session

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »